IndexOutOfRangeException When saving PPTX as PPT

We are trying to recommend this product for use by a client but are experiencing a very annoying issue:

We are trying to down-convert a PPTX to PPT doing this:

Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx p = new Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx(“file.pptx”);

p.Write(“file.ppt”);

And this always happens:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.( type)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.( context,  outputType)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.(Stream stream,  type, PptxOptions options)
at Aspose.Slides.Pptx.PresentationEx.Write(String file, PptxOptions options)

Up converting (PPT to PPTX) works fine. Save to PDF works fine.

Please respond ASAP as there is a deadline this client wants to meet on using this product or if it cannot “down convert” then they will have to use an alternate product.

Hi Ian,

I regret to share that support for PPTX to PPT conversion is unavailable in Aspose.Slides for .NET. At the moment the support for PPT to PPTX conversion is available. An issue with ID 13419 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature. We will share the further information with you once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Does the Java version suffer from this limitation?

Hi Ian,

The support for PPT to PPTX and vice versa conversion is completely unavailable in Aspose.Slides for Java at the moment and an issue with ID 17175 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature. We will share further information with you once the feature support is available on line.

Thanks and Regards,

Is there any timeframe when PPTX to PPT conversion will be supported? For .NET and/or Java?

How do wee see issue ID 13419 to track?

Hi Ian,

I have verified from our features road map and like to share that currently the support for PPT to PPTX is in progress for Aspose.Slides for .NET. The support is scheduled to be completely available in Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.9.0. The product release are made on quarterly basis in a calender year. The support for PPT to PPTX conversion in Java version will be introduced in Aspose.Slides for Java 2.8.0. However, the support for PPTX to PPT is unavailable in road map at the moment as present focus is at PPT to PPTX conversion.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks. So there really is no timeframe for PPTX to PPT? The support for “down-conversion” is a requirement of a clients who is considering purchasing Aspose.Slides and I would like to know a timeframe if possible that I can relate to them.