Individual field updates that span more than 1 paragraph

Hey,

In Aspose Words is it possible to obtain a range for only 1 field (that is within a group of fields) in order to update it? I have included an example document which contains three fields, I explicitly want to only update MergeField2.

Secondly, if I have a IF field that contains within it a nested table for both the TRUE and FALSE text areas of the field, how could I obtain a range for this field in order to update it? I have included an example in the attached document.

Thanks very much

Hi David,

I'm afraid at the moment there is no one line API call to do this. We will look into supporting this in the future. We will inform you on any developments regarding this.

From memory if you gather the runs from between FieldStart and FieldSeparator of the field you are wanting to update and simply reassigning the content inside the run then it will cause just that field to update. e.g run.Text = run.Text;

For the second question regarding the tables I believe the easiest way to update this is to make this whole field a seperate section by using a continious section break and then updating the range of that specific section. e.g doc.Sections[1].Range.UpdateFields();

If you have any further queries please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3518) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(20)