Infinite loop saving thumbnail for slide with multi-column textbox

Hi,

For the attached PPTX file, using the below code, Aspose.Slides 15.11 never completes the call to GetThumbnail(). It uses 100% CPU (on one core) indefinitely.

If the textbox on the slide is changed to a one-column textbox, GetThumbnail() completes in a reasonable amount of time.
using (var presentation = new Presentation("TwoColumns.pptx"))
{
    presentation.Slides[0].GetThumbnail(1.0f, 1.0f);
}

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for posting.

I have observed your comments and like to share with you that I am unable to reproduce the issue and slide thumbnail is being generated without any error. I have attached the generated output image for your kind reference (see TwoColumns_Slide-1.jpg). I request you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 15.11.0 and the sample code as explained in this documentation article.

Please let us know if the issue persists. We will be glad to help you further.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for looking into this. I did more testing and found that the issue can be reproduced when the platform target of the project referencing Aspose is set to x86.

This also affects projects targeting “Any CPU” when “Prefer 32-bit” is checked (this option is available when targeting .NET Framework 4.5 or higher). This is the default for new projects in Visual Studio 2015, and it’s how we encountered this bug originally.

I have attached a Visual Studio solution which demonstrates this using .NET Framework 4.0 targeting x86. This program exhibits the infinite loop when run on my development machine (Windows 10 with .NET 4.6.1 installed) and on another computer (Windows 7 with .NET 4.5.1 installed).

Regards,
Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for detailed response.

I have observed your comments and have worked with the data shared by you. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-37169 has been logged into our issue management system for further investigation and resolution of the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified automatically as soon as this issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37169) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.