Information on using Aspose.Word on existing SSRS 2000 reports

I am looking for information on using Aspose.Word on existing SSRS 2000 reports.

• Will it export an existing SSRS 2000 report to Word directly or does the repoprt need to be re-designed before the export to Word option will work in Reporting Services.
  • Can it handle a report that has sections that exist or are suppressed dynamically. We have reports that have multiple data tables in the report that can be suppressed by a user exposed option.
  • Can you direct me to some documentation for designing reports that will export to Word using Aspose.Word. It appears from the web site, that no special designer in addition to the normal Visual Studio tool for SSRS 2000 is necessary. Is that correct?

Hi,

Thank you for your request.

• Aspose.Words for Reporting Services allows to export RDL reports to Word documents without the need to redesign them.
  • If I understood you correctly - yes, it surely can. Anyway, the exported document (by its structure) will be identical or the same as if it was exported by one of the built-in Microsoft renderers such as PDF.
  • Yes, this is correct. Aspose.Words for Reporting Services is a custom rendering extension and does not require any special designer. Just install it and enjoy the new export options in the Report Manager :)