Inherit Zoom on Link Annotation

I have a question about setting the equivalent of Inherit Zoom on a link Annotation.

According to what I see in the documentation you can set a zoom factor when creating a pdf by using:

'Instantiate Pdf instance

Dim pdf1 As Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf = New Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf()

'Set the DestinationType property of Pdf instance to any pre-defined value

pdf1.DestinationType = Aspose.Pdf.Generator.DestinationType.FitPage

Where do I see or set this in an existing pdf document? pdf.OpenAction?

===========================================================

On a related note, I have a document that I am trying to evaluate whether the OpenAction has a value and I am receiving an "Object Reference Not Set to and Instance Of An Object" Exception.

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

you can set zoom factor in existing PDF documents by using PdfPageEditor class. kindly visit the documentation link for more details and code snippet: Set PDF Page Properties in an Existing PDF File (Facades).

Kindly share the template document you are using for pdf.OpenAction issue. This will help us to regenerate the issue and reply back to you soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Here is the pdf that I am getting the error on.

Thanks, The documentation shows a set of enums one in which is Aspose.Pdf.Generator.DestinationType.Retain. It appears that this is the equivalent of Inherit Zoom The zoom at the page level in PdfPageEditor class appears to be a decimal. Is there a certain value that equates to the Retain enum?

Brent

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing the template document with us.

I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I logged this problem with ID: PDFNEWNET-33336 in our Issue Tracking System. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

Moreover, you can set decimal value 1.0f for 100% zoom and no need to set zoom property, if you want to retain zoom factor as it is. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Thank you,

Regarding your statement “no need to set zoom property, if you want to retain zoom factor as it is”, The Zoom property is a Single which cannot be set to nothing. Not sure what you mean.

Also,
Is there a timeframe on PDFNEWNET-33336?

Brent

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your patience.

I will ask Rashid to further shed some light over this perspective in his last reply.

Now concerning to the status of PDFNEWNET-33336, as we just have been able to discover this issue, so we require some time to investigate this issue in details. However as soon as we have made some significant progress towards the resolution of this problem, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are really sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

FalconsSnowman:
Regarding your statement "no need to set zoom property, if you want to retain zoom factor as it is", The Zoom property is a Single which cannot be set to nothing. Not sure what you mean.

What I meant is, if you want to retain the zoom to 100% then either do not set the zoom property at all (no need to write the line of code which set the zoom property) or set it to 1.0f. By default the zoom property value is 1.0f = 100%.

Thanks & Regards,

So to clarify, a user has changed their zoom level on adobe pdf reader due to their preference to 110% and then clicked on a link annotation. For the new document to open up at 110% are you saying that with the page 1 zoom property set to 1.0f, it will maintain the 110%?

Brent

Hi Brent,

Thanks for your feedback.

If user changed the zoom level in Adobe PDF Reader to 110% and then clicked on link annotation, the new document always open to 110% zoom that is not effected by the PdfPageEditor zoom property set to 1.0f.

In this scenario, suppose you have a PDF document "input.pdf" and you generate a new PDF document "output.pdf" using PdfPageEditor class and set the zoom = 1.0f, it means the input.pdf and output.pdf documents display same in the Adobe Reader, whatever the zoom factor set in Adobe Reader and if you generate the new PDF document "output2.pdf" using PdfPageEditor class and set the zoom = 2.0f, then the output2.pdf document displays with double zoom size in Adobe Reader with respect to input.pdf document, no matter what zoom factor is set by the user in Adobe Reader.

Hope it helps, please do let us know in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33336) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.