Inherit Zoom when creating bookmarks

There seems to be no such option to “Inherit Zoom” when creating a bookmark using Aspose, yet the feature exists in PDFs.

Hi Sam,

Could you please elaborate your requirement a little, so we could guide you accordingly?

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Right now, it appears the default zoom action when clicking a bookmark (that was generated using Aspose) is to fit the page width. But, the zoom I was currently viewing was “view entire page”. I’m able to edit specific bookmark actions using Acrobat, and set the zoom to “Inherit Zoom”. This way, no matter how the user is currently viewing the document, clicking a bookmark will not change how they’re viewing.

It appears that all of the options that are able to be set on Bookmark.PageDisplay, do not include this one.

Hi Sam,

Thank you very much for sharing further details. We’ll investigate your requirement at our end and share the results with you. Please spare us some time for investigation.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Sam,

I’m sorry to inform you that this feature is currently not supported. However, I have logged a new feature request as PDFNEWNET-29097 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this requirement and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is supported in future.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your patience. Please note in order to specify inherit zoom customer should use 0 value according to PDF spec.:

A null value for any of the parameters left, top, or zoom specifies that the current value of that parameter shall be retained unchanged. A zoom value of 0 has the same meaning as a null value.

So please use the following code for your requirement.

Document doc = new
Document(“source.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

OutlineItemCollection item = new OutlineItemCollection(doc.Outlines);

XYZExplicitDestination dest = new XYZExplicitDestination(2, 100, 100, 0);

item.Action = new GoToAction(dest);

doc.Outlines.Add(item);

doc.Save("29097.pdf");

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-29097) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.