'Initializer has invalid format' while opening PDF

I receive the following error which opening the attached PDF using Aspose.Pdf 7.0.

.: Initializer has invalid format
at a.Ÿ.()
at a.Ÿ…ctor( )
at .ƒ.( )
at .‚.()
at Aspose.Pdf.DocumentInfo.get_ModDate()
at eDiscovery.Toolbox.Processor.Mappers.PdfMapper.Hydrate(Document document, String filePath) in D:\EDT\Dev\toolbox\trunk\Source\eDiscovery.Toolbox.Processor\Mappers\PdfMapper.cs:line 44

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for using our products and sharing the template documents with us.

I tested the scenario with below mentioned source code using Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.0 and unable to find any issue while loading the attached document. Kindly use the below code and check if it works fine at your end. If you still face any issue, we would appreciate, if you create a sample application and post here to show the issue. This will help us to regenerate the issue and get the cause of the issue soon.

[C#]

Document sourceDoc = new Document(@"d:\pdffiles\1388547.pdf"); <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

sourceDoc.Save(@"d:\pdffiles\output.pdf");

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

Sorry, my mistake. The issue didn’t occur when opening the PDF, but rather when accessing:

sourceDoc.Info.ModDate

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I tested the scenario again with below mentioned source code using Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.0 and unable to find any issue while changing the properties of document. Kindly use the below code and check if it works fine at your end. If you still face any issue, we would appreciate, if you create a sample application and post here to show the issue. This will help us to regenerate the issue and get the cause of the issue soon.

[C#]

Document sourceDoc = new Document(@"d:\pdffiles\1388547.pdf");<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

sourceDoc.Info.ModDate = DateTime.Now;

sourceDoc.Save(@"d:\pdffiles\output.pdf");

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Rashid,

The error is generated when getting the property rather than setting it.

Document sourceDoc = new Document(@“d:\pdffiles\1388547.pdf”);

DateTime dateModified = sourceDoc.Info.ModDate;

Thanks,

Reuben

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I tested the scenario and able to notice the same problem. For rectification, I logged this problem with ID: PDFNEWNET-33775 in our Issue Tracking System. We will further look into the details of this issue and will keep you updated via this forum thread on the status of correction.

Thanks & Regards,

Can I please have an update on the progress of fixing this issue? Is it scheduled for the next release of Aspose.Pdf?

Thanks

Hi Reuben,

Thanks for your patience.

I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share that this issue is still unresolved. Currently it is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Also, at the moment we can't provide you the ETA for this issue. However, I have requested the development team to share the ETA regarding its resolution. As soon as we get required information, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

Thanks & Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33775) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.2.0.

The blog post for this release is created over this link

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.