Inner Table border overlap with Parent Table border when convert to PDF

I have a Table within a Table.Outer table has border and the inner table doesn’t have border. When it converts to Docx or HTML the Parent border renders and no overlap.

When the document converts to PDF, the child table border overlaps parent and no border displays.

@saravanakumarst

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share your sample input and output document(s) along with the code snippet which you are using, so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

x.pdf (26.5 KB)
upload the generated PDF file.

I’m not able to upload docxFile. We are not using any custom code for the Table. I can see the table untill we call ConvertToPDF method.

@saravanakumarst

Thanks for sharing sample document.

Would you please share some more details regarding the scenario like are you generating PDF from DOCX document using Aspose.Words API? Furthermore, I was unable to see any table inside the PDF which you just have shared. Please provide a little more details as it would help us in addressing the issue accordingly.

@asad.ali

I’m not able to upload docx format doc. What I did it. I printed the docx as pdf. The first table is the one configured on the docx with no border on inner table.

or let me know if there is a way to send you the actual docx document.

The second table, I added border to it to show you as how it is in.Test.pdf (147.7 KB)

@saravanakumarst,

Thanks for contacting support.

Before uploading the documents, please archive them as .ZIP format. In case you still face any issue, please feel free to contact.

b.zip (11.9 KB)

Please find the attached Doc inside the zip

@saravanakumarst

Thanks for sharing requested documents.

As your query is related to Aspose.Words API so I am moving this post to Aspose.Words forum where relevant team will assist you accordingly.

@saravanakumarst,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-15723. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks @tahir.manzoor.

Do we have a ETA for the fix. This is happening in prod for us.

@saravanakumarst,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Do we have any update on this ticket?

@saravanakumarst,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that your issue (WORDSNET-15723) has been postponed due to following missing feature which is related to your issue.

WORDSNET-4794 : Cell spacing/ ROOT Support cell spacing in layout

After the fix of this feature, our product team will look into your issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-15723) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 22.8 update also available on Maven.