Insert webp images into word document

Hello,
We are using aspose.words 19.12. We receive an error when attempting to insert a webp image into the document using the linq reporting engine. I see that webp wasn’t supported previously - Unable to insert image via DocumentBuilder.InsertImage using .NET - #2 by tahir.manzoor.

I was wondering if support for webp images had been added recently?

Cheers,
Grant

@gcastner Unfortunately, Webp images are still not supported by Aspose.Words. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue WORDSNET-21107. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is supported.
Could you please let us know what is the target framework of your application?

Hi Alexey,
Thank you for the quick reply and for keeping me informed of any updates. We are targeting .NET 6.

Cheers,
Grant

@gcastner In case if .NET Standard and .NET6 versions of Aspose.Words the things are a little simpler. These versions of Aspose.Words use SkiaSharp to deal with graphics and since SkiaSharp supports WEBP images, you can use code like this to insert such images into the document:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

using (SkiaSharp.SKBitmap bmp = SkiaSharp.SKBitmap.Decode(@"C:\Temp\webp.png"))
    builder.InsertImage(bmp);

doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.docx");

We use Aspose.Words Java. Is WORDSNET-21107 on the roadmap in the near future?

@orgavision Unfortunately, the issue is not yet scheduled for development. I have added your request to the WORDSNET-21107 issue. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-21107) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 23.12 update.

1 Like