I need to generate a PDF from a Microsoft Word document such that the PDF displays a URL Hyperlink whose link value depends on a data context.
I think the best course of action is to insert word merge field in hyperlink in the Word document. I have followed various sources of information to do so:
- Inserting a hyperlink to a mail merge
- Add Variable Hyperlink in Mail Merge in Word 2013
But the generated PDF does not have any Hyperlink. Instead the message
Error! Hyperlink reference not valid is displayed.
You will find as attachments:
- The Microsoft Word document used as a source for the generation (“message iwe.docx”)
- The generated PDF (“message iwe.docx.pdf”)
- The payload to Aspose to generate the document (“aspose_payload.json”)
A few questions:
Q1. Is there another way to generate a PDF from a Microsoft Word document such that the PDF displays a URL Hyperlink whose link value depends on the context, rather than to use a mail merge field within a hyperlink field?
Q2. If not, can you explain how to proceed?
Q3. The Word document also has a URL at the bottom,example.zip (100.7 KB)
which is statically valued (to
https://iwecloud.com/). But the PDF does not have the Hyperlink. Why?
Thanks in advance for your help.