Inserting Bookmarks Dynamically by LINQ Reporting Engine using .NET

Hi, I have a document generated from a template using the reporting engine. It iterates over a list and creates a large entry for each item in the list. I need to place a bookmark at the beginning of each created entry, but the structure of the template can differ, so I can’t programmatically create them after generation. Is there anyway to place a bookmark using the template? For example:

<<foreach [item in Data]>><<[INSERT BOOKMARK]>><<[item.Title]>>
//Details of item
<</foreach>>

@david.m

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not provide this feature. Could you please ZIP and attach your input and expected output documents here for our reference? We will then log this feature in our issue tracking system according to your requirement.

Hi @tahir.manzoor,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have created a sample template - obviously I don’t mind whatever syntax this feature might end up with if/when it is implemented, what I have in the template is just an example.

Thanks,
David.

example template with bookmarks.zip (20.8 KB)

@david.m

Thanks for sharing the detail. We have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-19648 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks again!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19648) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.1 update.

Tested, works perfectly. Thanks for the quick turnaround.