insertRange issue

Hi.

Can you please fix, or take me right way for insertRange function of API.

I want to insert some range with a shifting all below rows to down.
I call this test, but receive wrong result
@Test
public void insertRangeTest() throws Exception {
Workbook wb = new Workbook(“D://in.xls”);

Cells cells = wb.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells();

cells.insertRange(CellArea.createCellArea(10,2,31,85), ShiftType.DOWN);

wb.save(“D://out.xls”);
}
A function shifts rows, but some cell’s values leaves on old places.

P.S. out_expected.xls is made by hands, and could have wrong count of inserted range’s rows. Anyway - all data was moved to below of source row.

Best regards. Alexey

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found an issue with Cells.inserRange() method which is not inserting the range fine. You are right, the function shifts rows, but still some cell’s values leaves on old places.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“D://in.xls”);

Cells cells = wb.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells();

cells.insertRange(CellArea.createCellArea(10,2,31,85), ShiftType.DOWN);

wb.save(“D://out.xls”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41590” for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi. Have you some updates for this issue?

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment regarding your issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some ETA or fix for this issue. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41590 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.2.6 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41590) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.