Installation of Aspose.Words through Nuget target to .NET Framework 4.6.1 generates facade libs to Debug folder

With the latest nuget package you’ve introduced the framework target .NETFramework4.6.1.

Unfortunately, if referencing this package in a net 4.6.1 project, on build netstandard.dll and other facade libs are copied to the output folder.

Please correct that.

@bitterlich

Could you please share the steps that you are using to reproduce this issue at our end? Please also share your working environment. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Simply build the attached project with Visual Studio 2019 and look at the build output folder.

TestDocumentsRef.zip (2.5 KB)

@bitterlich

We have created a simple Visual Studio 2019 project and installed Aspose.Words for .NET through NuGet. We have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached project. ConsoleApp1.zip (23.1 KB)

Please install Aspose.Words for .NET through NuGet. Hope this helps you.

If you still face problem, please share all steps that you used to create this project. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

Please have a look at my project and my first post. I’ve stated that the issue occurs with target framework set to .Net Framework 4.6.1. Your example project is targeting 4.7.2 which fully supports netstandard 2.0 and no facade libs are needed.

So please create a project targeting Net 4.6.1. Add the nuget package. (Optional migrate to PackageReference) and build the project.

@bitterlich

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20346 . You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@bitterlich

It is to inform you that this issue has been resolved in Aspose.Words for .NET 20.5. So, please use Aspose.Words for .NET 20.5.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-20346) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.5 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.5 update.