Installation Questions

I am kind of new at this .NET stuff- please bear with me. I’m trying to install Aspose.Powerpoint on a Win2K server running IIS 5. The .NET framework 1.1 is installed on this server

I have created virtual directories in IIS and copied the demo folders over.

When I attempt to view the demo applications, I get a vareirty of errors…

Most commonly:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition=‘MachineToApplication’ beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Does Aspose need some special config? How do I config an IIS directory as an application?

I mapped a separate directory directly to the PptBrowser folder in the Aspose demo folder. When I attenmpt to view welcome.aspx, I get the following error:

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type ‘Aspose.PowerPoint.PptBrowser.Global’.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind=“Global.asax.cs” Inherits=“Aspose.PowerPoint.PptBrowser.Global” %> Line 2: 

How can I confirm that the Aspose.Powerpoint component is installed correctly? If I run WinCV.exe from the .NET framework SDK, I see many, many classes and assemblies, but nothing related to Aspose. Is that indiciative of a problem?

I do not have visual studio installed.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hello,

All demos included to the Aspose.PowerPoint installation are not compiled so
you have to compile it with visual studio before testing.