Installer of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services is not working

I have installed SSRS slides on one of our server. MSI installed failed and one of your colleague asked to use manual step.

The install seems to be correct, however I’m not able to export. There is no error but it seems like server is processing but no result.

Any thoughts?

This is running on Windows Server 2012 and SSRS 2012.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Tahir Manzoor.

Hi Sajid,

Thank you for the details.

Please share your RDL file with us to further check the issue at our end. We will test it and get back to you soon. Also, please let us know if you are able to see Aspose.Slides Export options in your report manager.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have made some progress since the last communication. To validate the install on the server I created a basic report that outputs few hundred rows. It took about 5 minutes to output the PPT export. In addition I also noticed that the SSRS services on the server reached max levels. This was happening with the other report where it was running against the larger dataase and was throwing out of memory exceptions.

Let me know if this information is helpful.

Thanks,

Sajid Malik

Hi Sajid,

Thank you for the detail.

Please share your sample RDL file and data source with us. We will test the issue and get back to you. Also, please confirm if you are using the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services. 4.11.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Owais,

Please find attached sample file. Datasource is Adventureworks2012 which I used for test. Here are my observations

To export this report in SSRS manager i.e. using the same dataset its takes few seconds to export into PDF however it took over 3 minutes when PPT was selected.

Issue has been ongoing for few days now and we are looking for a quick resolution. I would appreciate a quick turnaround.

Thanks,

Sajid

In addition, we are using version 4.11.

Hi,

Please see attached, I have attached RPL files from the actual report too.

Let me know if you need furhter information.

Thanks,

Sajid

Hi Sajid,

Thank you for sharing the files and details.

We will further check your issue with a similar environment as you have and will share the results with you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi Sajid,

We have tested your issue using your shared sample RDL file and are able to notice the performance issue. An issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESREP-33393. You will get a notification via this forum thread once the issue gets resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

To plan things at our end, could you provide an ETA?

Thanks,

Sajid

Hi Sajid,

Well, your issue is pending for investigation on the development team side and it will be scheduled for investigation on it’s due turn based on first come first serve policy. Once the issue is investigated, only
then we will be able to share an ETA. I have requested the development team to share an ETA once the issue is investigated. Once the development team share the ETA, we will update you via this forum thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Could you please provide the status on the following issue? We are looking for a quick turnaround as its been few weeks since we have raised it. Appreciate a quick reply.

Hi Sajid,

I have verified the status of the issue from our development team and like to share that the issue is still unresolved. We have new release of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services coming up in July 2014. We are likely to investigate the issue before next product release and will share feedback with you in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Thank you for the feedback.

To clarify that this will be fixed in the July 2014 release not the release after.

Hi Sajid,

In response to your following comments:

Sajid.Malik-1:

To clarify that this will be fixed in the July 2014 release not the release after.

I like to add here that our development team will investigate the issue before releasing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 4.12.0. However, it is not sure that issue will get resolved in that. However, we will try our best to resolve the issue in coming release.

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Can I ask what your expected delivery date of the next version is? What date in July?

Also, what is your cut-off date for adding bug fixes into this release?

Thanks.

Hi Sajid,

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience,

We have asked the development team to share the details as per your query regarding the release of next version and status of your issue and we will update you via this forum thread once we get the update from development team.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Is there any further update on this issue? We have a client project which is stalled because of it and so we need further clarification from yourselves.

Thanks.

Hi Sajid,

I discussed your issue with the development team and they are currently investigating your issue. As soon as the investigation is done and a feedback is shared by the development team, we will update you via this forum thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

This issue has been open for quite a while now and I still don't have any information to feed back to my client.

Please can I have an update on the issue, either from a technical point of view or even just an estimate of when the development team will be able to give more details and the chances of a fix being in the July release?

Thanks.