Installing Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services

Hi Support,

I encountered a problem during installing Aspose.Slides. I downloaded the Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services file and tried to automatically install Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services for Microsoft Visual Studio Report Designer with the MSI installer. I got a "Could not properly install" error message. It let me to try manually. So I followed the instructions at your documentation section to install manually. I copy paste the Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll to the Visual Studio directory, registered Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services as a rendering extension by adding those standard four lines to RSReportDesigner.config, and also updated RSPreviewPolicy.config files by adding the Aspose related lines.

However, after I restarted SSRS and tried to run a report I received following error message:

An error occurred during local report processing. Could not load file or assembly 'MicrosoftReportingServices.ProcessingCore, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) Any idea what went wrong? By the way, below is my version details: Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319 SP1Rel

Thank you very much!

David

This message was posted using Email2Forum by Tilal Ahmad Sana.

Hi David,

Please share your configuration files with me to further test the issue at our end as per the request in the following thread.

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/574959/which-product-to-download/showthread.aspx#574959

Thanks & Regards,

Dear Support,

Any progress on this issue? I had to switch my gear to another project while awaiting for this issue to be resolved to move on. Now I’ve finished that project and need to switch back. Hope you can shed some lights. Thanks!

David

Hi David,

As requested earlier. please share the configuration files i.e. ‘rsreportserver.config’ and ‘rssrvpolicy.config’ with us to further check the issue. We will check the files and will get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,

I sent you the two files (rsreportserver.config’ and ‘rssrvpolicy.config’) as attachments in the email replied to you on November 20. Not sure if you got them. Here let me send again via post.

Attached please find rsreportserver.config’ and ‘rssrvpolicy.config’, which are from folder C:\Program
Files (X86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS12.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer

Please feel free to let me know should you need anything else. Thanks!

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing the files.

I have created an issue in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESREP-33424 for our development team to further investigate the issue based on the information shared by you and the configurations file. As soon as a feedback is shared, I will update you via this forum thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Any update please? Thanks!

Hi David,

I have asked the development team to share an update regarding your reported issue. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from the development team.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi David,

Please accept my apologies for getting back to you for the status of issue after quite some time. Is the issue still appearing on your end or its fixed. Have you tried using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.2.0 on your end. Please try using the suggested version and share your kind feedback and we will be glad to help you further in this regard.

I also like to share some further information that inaccessibility of MicrosoftReportingServices.ProcessingCore assembly is not directly related with Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services installation. There are can be some another changes and you may please try:

1. Reinstall Reporting Services. Try to prepare some reports and export them to some formats before Slides for Reporting services installation. If everything is OK then,
  2. Try to perform the clean installation of the latest version of Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services.

Many Thanks,