Installing Issue over Previous Version

Hi There. Not sure if this is because I am trying to install over the top of another version, but when we we follow the manual process, it doesnt work. Report Manager doesnt show the option on the pull-down, and the VS version shows the option, but when selected, nothing happens.

Would this be because we are installing over a previous version? And 2008 r2 is okay to install onto?

We asked for the TOC to be able to show on subsequant pages (thnaks for sorting this out) and now wish to update our client installations to include this feature, so hope you can help us quite quickly…

Thanks,

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thanks for using our products.

From your above description, do you mean you are trying to install the new version of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services over an existing installation ? or your system contained an earlier version of Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services and you are trying to replace it with the newer version ?

Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services is supported over SQL Reporting Services 2008 R2. However can you please share some details regarding the Operating System that you are using ? We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, When you select to export the report in Visual Studio project and nothing happens, please locate a file with name such as Aspose.pdf.ReportingServices.pdf file in C:/ drive. It contains information regarding exception being generated.

Sorry for the delay on this - other projects took over.

To clarify, we have been running an evaluation and then asked for a feature to be added. Yourselves added the feature to a new version which we have attempted to down load and install...with the results as described in the previous post.

As requested, I've run the export from within VS and in the C:\ there was a file called:

aspose_pdf_rs_exception.pdf

It contains this log:

---------------Exception when rendering report file--------------
Exception Message:
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Calling Stack Trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at
Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandReportRendering.ReportParameterCollection
.get_Item(String name)
at xa58baeaa59f3b03e.xfecafa26b1bef2ee.xfdf8cf35f62e2d71(x857a630ea59c63ae
x6dd95b5726d24cd5)
at Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer.x3c17e966883bbe6f(Report
x64343a0786fb9a3f, NameValueCollection x4d7e972a483f38e6,
NameValueCollection x769338e163ee6eb4, NameValueCollection
x69ea43ef171861cd, Hashtable& xcc726f61cfb91835, CreateAndRegisterStream
x6af66da7eca40f82)
at Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer.Render(Report report,
NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo,
NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties,
CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)
----------------------End of Logging---------------------
Evaluation Only. Created with Aspose.Pdf. Copyright 2002-2011 Aspose Pty Ltd.
Aspose.

Hoping you can advise our way around this to eval the new feature...

thanks alot

Doug

Hello Doug,

Please spare us little time as we need to test this scenario at our end. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Hello Doug,<span style=“font-size: 10pt; font-family: “Arial”,“sans-serif”;”>

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as <span style=“font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>PDFREP-29789. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>ZH-CN</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>AR-SA</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>We
apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29789 ) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

Dear ASPOSE Support,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for resolving PDFREP-29789.

Downloaded ‘Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.3.0 (DLLs only)’. Executed the ‘AP4RSConfigTool.exe’ tool to install the Aspose dll for Visual Studio 2008. Using SQL Server 2008 R2 for our reporting services. ASPOSE Pdf exporting from VS 2008 is working. However there are a few issues that I want to relay. Attached is are two PDF files for your attention. Both PDF files contain the same sample exported content from SSRS. One PDF exported using ASPOSE PDF (Filename: ‘ASPOSE_PDF_SSRS.pdf’) and the other PDF exported normally {built in ‘export to PDF’ option within VS 2008 - BIDS} (Filename: ‘Normal_PDF_SSRS.pdf’)

The issues (including rendering issues) highlighted are:

1) Image Autosize

2) Text Rotation

3) Tablix, Column, & Row Visibility (i.e If row is set to hide, it is still visible on ASPOSE PDF export.)

4) Built-in fields / Parameters content not displaying in Header or Footer.

5) & 8) Issue with page breaking (including page breaking on Group), also may relate to issue of footer page numbering.

6) Page content overlapping with footer.

7) Background images does not render

Also the Adobe Reader version used is 9.4. I hope this helps. For further info please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Hassan

Hi Hassan,

I am able to notice all the issues that you have specified in your earlier post. However in order to get them resolved, we need to replicate them at our end. Can you please share the source .RDL so that we can test the scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, In case the .RDL is bind to some data-source, please share the data-source.

Dear Nayyer Shahbaz,>

Thank you for your reply.

In response to your post, I have recreated the conditions with test data using the demo SQL database provided by Microsoft. Attached for your attention are two PDF files ‘TestReport1_Normal.pdf’ & ‘TestReport1_Aspose.pdf’, and a RDL file ‘TestReport1’. Also the data source can be downloaded from http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/55926. This is the demo SQL database for SQL Server 2008 R2. When installing the downloaded executable just install the data base labelled ‘AdventureWorksLT’.

The mentioned issues highlighted in ‘TestReport1_Aspose.pdf’ are:

1. Image Autosize {Page1}

2. Text Rotation {Page1}

3. Tablix, Column, & Row Visibility (i.e If row is set to hide, it is still visible on ASPOSE PDF export.) {Page1}

4. Global page name (Built in Field) content not displaying in Header or Footer. {Page2}

5. Issue of footer page numbering. {Page2}

6. Page content overlapping with footer. {Page3}

Hopefully these are all the resources you require to recreate the conditions mentioned in the PDFs. For further info please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Hassan

Dear ASPOSE Support,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />

Thank you for resolving PDFREP-29789.

Downloaded ‘Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.3.0 (DLLs only)’. Executed the ‘AP4RSConfigTool.exe’ tool to install the Aspose dll for Visual Studio 2008. Using SQL Server 2008 R2 for our reporting services. ASPOSE Pdf exporting from VS 2008 is working. However there are a few rendering issues that I want to relay.

I have recreated the conditions with test data using the demo SQL database provided by Microsoft. Attached for your attention are two PDF files ‘TestReport1_Normal.pdf’ & ‘TestReport1_Aspose.pdf’, and a RDL file ‘TestReport1’. Also the data source can be downloaded from http://msftdbprodsamples.codeplex.com/releases/view/55926. This is the demo SQL database for SQL Server 2008 R2. When installing the downloaded executable just install the data base labelled ‘AdventureWorksLT’.

The mentioned issues highlighted in ‘TestReport1_Aspose.pdf’ are:

1. Image Autosize {Page1}

2. Text Rotation {Page1}

3. Tablix, Column, & Row Visibility (i.e If row is set to hide, it is still visible on ASPOSE PDF export.) {Page1}

4. Global page name (Built in Field) content not displaying in Header or Footer. {Page2}

5. Issue of footer page numbering. {Page2}

6. Page content overlapping with footer. {Page3}

Hopefully these are all the resources you require to recreate the conditions mentioned in the PDFs. For further info please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank You & Kind Regards,

Hassan

Please also refer to posts in (PDFREP-29789)

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for using our products
and sorry for replying you late. I have tried replicating the issue using Bussines Inteligent project created in VS2008 but I am afraid I am unable to replicate it. Every time I try opening the .rdl file, I am getting some HTML markup. I have tried viewing the report in notepad and have observed that its created using SQL2010 schema (Report Definition Language (RDL) 2010). Can you please try creating a report based on SQL 2008 or SQL 2005 Reporting Services. We are sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Dear Nayyer Shahbaz,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for your reply.

Just want to ask, are you using SQL2008 or SQL2008R2 to replicate the issue? As the rdl I sent you was created to run on SQL2008R2 reporting services. Probably that is why the RDL file uses a SQL2010 schema, as SQL2008R2 was released in 2010.

In reference to ASPOSE forum thread: http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/322190/sql-server-2008-r2-version/showthread.aspx#322190. We are working with SQL2008R2, and we have installed 'Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services 2.3.0 (DLLs only)' to VS2008(BIDS) via ‘AP4RSConfigTool.exe’.

Please inform us which version of SQL2008 you are using? As the issue is with SQL2008R2 not SQL2008.

Thank you & kind regards,

Hassan