Integrate aspose API for aspose diagram

I would like to develop an web-based application which provides components and features similar to Microsoft Visio.

I have looked into the document provided by aspose.
Aspose Documentation

Is it possible to drag and drop the visio components like rectangle, circle and others and connect them using this aspose API?

Please help me out to get started to build the application and let me know if you need any other details from me.

Regards
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for contacting support. Please note that Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with Visio drawings programmatically. It provides programmatic access through a rich API to all drawing elements and formatting that allows to create, modify, extract, copy and replace document content without using Microsoft Visio. It mimics the behavior of Microsoft Visio. It works with VSD, VSDX, VSS, VST, VSX, VTX, VDW and VDX files on C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET web applications, web services, Mono and Windows applications.
karipe.naresh87:
Is it possible to drag and drop the visio components like rectangle, circle and others and connect them using this aspose API?
Please refer to the following example topic: Add and Connect Shapes

It is recommended to apply a license and use the latest version when testing any Aspose API. It is because there are some evaluation limitations. You can avoid evaluation limitations by getting a temporary license for 30 days. You can download a latest version of Aspose.Diagram from here: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.diagram-for-.net/default.aspx

You can learn all about how Aspose products are licensed by checking out the Licenses FAQ here: http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/faqs/default.aspx

Please do let me know in case of any confusion or questions.

PS: It does not provide any graphical user interface for editing/viewing documents.

Thank you so much for your response.

Will this API support following functionality

Can we import Microsoft Visio stencils directly?

API should support to draw shapes.

API should support to draw connectors.

Should be able to copy/cut/paste/delete the selected items.

Changing z- index of shapes.

Export to .vsd.

Multi lingual support.

Please let me know if this can able to support all the above specified features.

Regards
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

Thank you for your inquiry.
karipe.naresh87:
Can we import Microsoft Visio stencils directly?
I would like to update you that the VSS / VSX stencil file formats are a set of masters/templates which can be used for new Visio drawing creation using Aspose.Diagram API. Masters should be present in the stencil. You can use the masters from any other diagram as well, but master names should match the masters present in the diagram or stencil.
karipe.naresh87:
API should support to draw shapes.
API should support to draw connectors.
Yes, you can draw shapes. You can also connect shapes through connectors. Please refer to the following helping article: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/diagramnet/Add+and+Connect+Shapes
karipe.naresh87:
Should be able to copy/cut/paste/delete the selected items.
Of course, you can manipulate existing shapes (change position, color and text etc.). Anyway, you cannot copy / duplicate a shape. We have already logged a feature request under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50016 in our issue tracking system. This forum thread has also been linked to this issue id and you will be notified as soon as this feature is supported.
karipe.naresh87:
Changing z- index of shapes.
Yes, it is supported because you can bring the shape at the front or the back of the z-order.
karipe.naresh87:
Export to .vsd.
It is not supported. We have already logged this feature under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50017 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is fixed. At the moment, you can save as XML (VDX, VSX and VTX), image or PDF formats etc.
:
Multi lingual support.
Could you please elaborate a bit more specifically based on your requirement? We will take a closer look and guide you accordingly.

Please do let me know in case of any other comments or questions.

@karipe.naresh87,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMNET-50016 has been resolved. Please download and try the latest version 17.12 of Aspose.Diagram for .NET API.

[C#]

// import a Visio drawing
Diagram diagram = new Diagram(dataDir + "Drawing1.vsdx");
Shape newShape = new Shape();
// copy a shape
newShape.Copy(diagram.Pages[0].Shapes[0]);
newShape.ID = 3;
newShape.XForm.PinX.Value = 1;
newShape.XForm.PinY.Value = 1;

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.