We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Invalid conversion doc->pdf (text alignment in footer)

Hi,


during development process we faced a problem with converting particular document from doc to pdf.
Text in a footer is aligned incorrectly. It was tested on different machines/OS/fonts and allways conversion is incorrect. Do you have any idea, what might cause this problem ??

I’ve attached both files
- source document (DOC)
- PDF produced by aspoose (under Windows 7, but on Debian/Ubuntu effect is the same)

No additional settings has been set, only two lines of code:
Document d = new Document(“C:/ADHOC_anonim.doc”);
d.save(“C:/ADHOC_anonimdoc.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

Thanks in advance for any help,

Lukas

Hi Lukas,


Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.5.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-8406. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,


after a bit of usage of Aspose Library, we have also found that in the same document (ADHOC_anonim.doc) Table Of Content has been:

1) shortened (updated??) to actual content of a document (cutted after 4.1.3 point, since higher points are not present in a document - table of content has not been updated, after modifing document), but this situation happens only when we perform MailMerge on this document and save it as DOC/PDF…
Document doc = readDocument(templateDocument);
IMergeFieldsDataSource ds = dsFactory.create(mergeFieldsBundle.getEntries());
doc.getMailMerge().execute(ds.getKeys(), ds.getValues());
doc.save(outputStream, saveOptions);

2) has stayed unchanged (comparing to input document) when we do only conversion mentioned in a first point.

Is it bug or feature - hard to say since it is corner case, but behaviour is inconsistent.
BTW. when do you estimate to fix root case of this thread (what version of aspose will include the fix).

Kind regards,
Lukas

Hi Lukas,


Thanks for your inquiry. This is not a bug. The MailMerge.Execute method internally calls the Document.UpdateFields method which in turn updates all the fields in the mail-merged document including the TOC field that is why you see the updated values of TOC field in the output Pdf document. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,