Invalid linechart marker or grouping string val

Hi - we’re using Aspose.Cell .NET to process Excel files we receive from a third-party partner. They recently changed their process to generate the files and now they send us Excel 2007 (.xlsx) formatted files, instead of Excel 2003 (.xls) formated files.

When we try to initialize a new Worksheet using the new file, Aspose throws an exception, Invalid linechart marker or grouping string val.

What’s interesting is, if I just open and save the file in Excel, no changes, same Excel 2007 format, Aspose loads the file successfully.

I can’t find any references to that error message. Do you have some more information on it and why it might be resolved by re-saving the file?

Thanks!

TomATLCA_Calendar_2019_Quarter_1_January_MKT1.zip (424.5 KB)

@Thomas.Morrison,
Please share your sample file with us for our testing. We will reproduce the problem and provide our feedback after analysis.

Hi - I tried that, but I get an error that I can only upload image files.

Sorry - just uploaded a zip file.

@Thomas.Morrison,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46617 - Exception "Invalid linechart marker or grouping string val" while loading workbook

Thanks - if you know what the issue in the Excel file is, I can reach out to our partner to see if they can correct the issue, too.

Tom

@Thomas.Morrison,

As this issue is logged too recently, so it may take time to analyze it and identify the issue. We will write back to you immediately once any update is ready to share.

Perfect!

Thanks

@Thomas.Morrison,
You are welcome.

@Thomas.Morrison,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.2.4:

Aspose.Cells19.2.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.8 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.2.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.8 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Success! Thanks Ahsan!

We order our software through PC Mall, will I be able to tell them we want to purchase the full 19.2.4 version version since it’s not available for the general public yet?

Thanks again!

Tom

@Thomas.Morrison,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the suggested hotfix. Regarding using latest hotfix, either you may wait until the regular version is released at the end of this month or you can use this hotfix in your production environment as it is fully tested version and capable of being used in production environment.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46617) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.3. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi