Invalid Visio format after using SolutionXML API

Hi Aspose,

I am trying to insert some data to my valid Visio file as below:

private static void testInsertSolutionXML() throws Exception {Test_20171012.zip (122.3 KB)

System.out.println("testInsertSolutionXML");
    try (InputStream in = new FileInputStream("D:\\tmp\\Tuyen\\Visio\\Test_20171012.vsdx");
            OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream("D:\\tmp\\Tuyen\\Visio\\Test_20171012_SolutionXML.vsdx")) {
        Diagram document = new Diagram(in);
        SolutionXML newXML = new SolutionXML();
        newXML.setName("Solution XML");
        newXML.setXmlValue("<doc-id>id1</doc-id>");
        document.getSolutionXMLs().add(newXML);
        System.out.println("Getting back solution xml: " + document.getSolutionXMLs().get("Solution XML").getXmlValue());
        document.save(out, SaveFileFormat.VSDX);
    }
}

The problem is the output file has invalid Visio format, that happens with the attached file only.

I’m using Aspose Diagram for Java 17.5.0. Can you have a look? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tuyen

@vutuyen2636,
We managed to replicate the problem of invalid output VSDX drawing. It has been logged under the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50561 in our bug tracking system. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

@vutuyen2636,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50561 has been fixed. Please download and try the new version 17.10 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your support. I tried the latest Aspose Diagram for Java as you said and it seems that the issue is fixed. However, a new one comes: The output vsdx in the same source code misses some parts compared to the old one.

Please have a look at this attached screen shot:VSDX_missing_yellow_part.png (68.9 KB)

The yellow part is missed in the output vsdx file. Can you have a look again? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tuyen

@vutuyen2636,

We have evaluated your ticket DIAGRAMJAVA-50561 with the latest version 17.10 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API and the highlighted part of the Visio drawing is not being missed. This is the output VSDX drawing: Test_20171012_SolutionXML17.10.zip (111.9 KB). Kindly open this Visio drawing into your environment, and then let us know how that goes.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your response. I realize that your file is correct with expected SolutionXML inserted. However, using the same shared source code and the downloaded Aspose Java 17.10, I still have the same issue that some parts in the vsdx file are missed. I’m sure that I use the correct Aspose Java 17.10 version because if I use any old versions, the output vsdx file format is broken.

Can you share your source code to me? Even with a small difference in the source code, the output is different. This is what I learn from other Aspose libraries. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Tuyen

@vutuyen2636,

We have tried the following code example:

[Java]

String dataDir = "C:\\Diagram\\test2255\\";          
InputStream in = new FileInputStream(dataDir + "Test_20171012.vsdx"); 
OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(dataDir + "Test_20171012_SolutionXML_17.10.vsdx"); 

Diagram document = new Diagram(in); 
SolutionXML newXML = new SolutionXML(); 
newXML.setName("Solution XML"); 
newXML.setXmlValue("<doc-id>id1</doc-id>"); 
document.getSolutionXMLs().add(newXML); 
System.out.println("Getting back solution xml: " + document.getSolutionXMLs().get("Solution XML").getXmlValue()); 
document.save(out, SaveFileFormat.VSDX);

@imran.rafique,
Thanks for your support, it works fine now. The issue was that I did not load aspose license, that’s why some parts are missed.

@vutuyen2636,

It is nice to hear from you that the problem has been resolved. Please feel free to let us know whenever you require any further assistance.