IOException in PdfExtractor.ExtractText()

Hi,

please see the attached document.
Calling the ExtractText() method throws an exception:

System.IO.IOException was unhandled
Message=Wrong text extracting, please check your pdf.: v4.3.0.0
Source=Aspose.Pdf.Kit
StackTrace:
at x30a678191d9b1780.x59ea5a64f22abd3a.xc61a6090bb4b2d9b(Encoding xff3edc9aa5f0523b)
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfExtractor.ExtractText(Encoding encoding)
at Aspose.Pdf.Kit.PdfExtractor.ExtractText()

I need a fix ASAP. In the meantime, could you tell me what part of the PDF is causing the problem so we can at least try to work around the problem by changing the template.

thank you

Hi Robert,

I have reproduced this problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-16342 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

could you please escalate this problem? This is causing serious troubles
in our production environment a we need a fix ASAP (and by that i mean today or tomorrow). In the meantime we would also like to know what part of the PDF is causing the problem so we can try to work around it until the fix is ready.

thank you

Hi Robert,

Our team is working on this issue. We’re going to provide you a workaround for these kind of files in our upcoming monthly release due at the end of this week or early next week; with this release you’ll be able to set extractor.ExtractTextMode = 1, which will allow you to extract text from this sort of files.

However, a proper fix along with the details of the actual problem will be available with our next release due at the end of May 2010.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hello,

what is the status of this issue? I can’t find the monthly release in the download section.

Regards
Robert

Hi Robert,

You can download the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET from this link.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16342) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.