Is Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage capable of sending Lotus Notes invites?

Could you please tell me if Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage is capable of sending lotus notes invites ? We are looking for a global solution capable of sending, not only outlook invites, but also notes invites.

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Vincent

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your post. Currently it does not support sending lotus notes invites. But I will discuss this with our developers to see whether this could be implemented in a short period of time.

Best regards.

Dear Vincent,

I wanna give you some updates about feadback from our dev team.

The Calendar feature of the Aspose.Network.Mail is based on iCalendar standar, which is is a standard ([RFC 2445](http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2445) or [RFC2445 Syntax Reference](http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=RFC2445_Syntax_Reference&action=edit)) for calendar data exchange.

It seems the lotus notes will support this iCalendar standard. However, we will spend some time to test the calendar feature on Lotus Notes the days to come, since we do not do similar testing on it before. We will get back to you as soon as possible if we get the results.

Thanks

Dear Vincent,

We have done some testing and investigation. Aspose.Network can send out meeting request to Lotus for it supports the iCalendar standard.

Please check it out,

[C#]

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
   //attendees for the event
   MailAddressCollection attendees = new MailAddressCollection();
   attendees.Add(new MailAddress("person1@domain.com"));
   attendees.Add(new MailAddress("person2@domain.com"));
   attendees.Add(new MailAddress("person3@domain.com"));
   //create calendar
   Calendar cal = new Calendar("Room 112",new DateTime(2006,7,17,13,0,0),new DateTime(2006,7,17,14,0,0),new MailAddress("somebody@domain.com"), attendees );
   cal.Summary = "Release Meetting";
   cal.Description = "Discuss for the next release";
   //add calendar to the message
   msg.AddCalendar(cal);
   client.Send(msg);//send out using SmtpClient

Dear Vincent,

I am writing to send you another demo for sending out meeting request, please check it out.

static void Main(string[] args)
{

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();
msg.From = "sender@domain.com"; //set the sender

//set the receiptant, who will receive the meeting request.
//basically, the receiptant is the same as meeting attendees
msg.To = "person1@domain.com, person2@domain.com, person3@domain.com";

//create calendar object
Calendar cal = new Calendar(
"Room 112", //location
new DateTime(2006, 12, 24, 13, 0, 0), //start time
new DateTime(2006, 12, 24, 14, 0, 0), //end time
msg.From ,//organizer
msg.To //attendee
);

cal.Summary = "Release Meetting";
cal.Description = "Discuss for the next release";

//add calendar to the message
msg.AddCalendar(cal);
try
{
//create smtp client
SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient("smtp.domain.com", 25, "user", "password");

//bulk send the message
client.Send(msg);
}
catch (MailException ex)
{
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex.ToString());
}
catch (SmtpException ex)
{
System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex.ToString());
}

}

I am referring to the above post.

Can someone from ASPOSE or the original poster of this thread confirm whether sending lotus notes invite is working or not?

ASPOSE team : I am trying to send meeting invite to people who use various email clients including lotus notes. I think the latest version of lotus is around 8.x.

If a new thread needs to be created, please suggest and I will do so.

Hi,

Aspose.Network implements the calendar data exchange protocol, which is a standard and is followed by majority of email clients including Outlook, Outlook Express, Live Mail, Thunderbird, Lotus Notes, browser based email clients like hotmail, gmail etc.

do you have any latest code or code examples to connect to lotus notes. The examples above are few years backwards.

Also are there any issues with lotus 8.xx version? I have heard few issues while sending meeting invites to lotus notes 8.xx.

thanks

Hi,

Please refer to the online documentation for the latest code samples. Sending meeting request with recurrence page shows the basic example of sending a meeting request.