Is Aspose.Slides for .NET Cross Platform and Does It Support .NET 6?

Hi,

I have checked the nugget and t mention that its cross platform and not using any dependencies. But as per the details in dependencies, is using System.Drawing.Common and its only window based library. Which makes Aspose library to a windows library.

Can you please check and confirm if it can still be crossplatform for .net 6?

Thank You,
TJ

@tjrevclerx46,
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

System.Drawing.Common provides access to GDI+ graphics functionality. On Linux and macOS, the GDI+ functionality is implemented by libgdiplus library. libgdiplus is the main provider of the cross-platform implementation of System.Drawing.Common on the native side. Aspose.Slides is compiled for .NET Standard 2.0 and 2.1.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Slides does not support .NET 6 yet. I linked this forum thread to a corresponding task with ID SLIDESNET-42778 in our issue tracking system. Far as I can see, this support has been planned for version 22.6 (June 2022). You will be notified when the issue is resolved.

The issues you found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-42778) have been fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 23.2 (ZIP, MSI).
You can check all fixes on the Release Notes page.
You can also find the latest version of our library on the Product Download page.