Is Creation of Item in PST Like Import Item of EWS API?

Hi Teams,

After using the ews api to obtain the item data stream, whether to support the creation of item through this data stream in pst instead of parsing the data stream to set the attributes of each item.

Please refer to the link:

Mike_Liu
Thanks,

@Mike_Liu

We need to investigate this on our end and a ticket with ID EMAILNET-40305 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate it. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be addressed.

Hi Teams,

Thanks for your reply and if possible can we know what is the current progress of this ticket and how long it will take to complete.

Mike_Liu
Thanks,

@Mike_Liu

The issue has just recently been added in our issue tracking system and is pending for investigation. We request for your patience and will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be addressed.

@Mike_Liu,
Could you clarify your requirements for Aspose.Email API or difficulties you faced in more detail, please?

Hi Team,

Sorry for the delay and Thanks for your reply.

We found that EWS API can import and export email as a whole using a stream and now We can parse this stream and then set each attribute when writing the PST file by using Aspose API.
So We want to know if we can use this stream to write item as a whole instead of setting each attribute by using Aspose API just like EWS import API, if yes it will be more useful and easier.

We suggest that you can use the EWS editor tool to get the item stream.
Here is the download link of this tool:

Here is the guide EWS Api.docx (1.7 MB)
I hope it will be helpful for you.

BTW: The Redemption API also supports import stream, please refer to this link:
IImportExpotr interface (dimastr.com)

Mike_Liu
Thanks,

@Mike_Liu,
Thank you for the additional information. It will take me a while to figure this out. I will answer you as soon as possible.

@Mike_Liu,
Unfortunately, I was unable to understand your needs. Could you share a code example demonstrating how you would like to use Aspose.Email API, please?