Is import from xml files created in OpenProj supported?

Hello,

We got from our customer an xml file which was created using OpenProj. Though it opens in MS Project 2010 properly, there is issues during its import using Aspose.Tasks library. I compared two xml files, one created using OpenProj and another one created with MS Project, and there are differences in their structure. In particular, during import RootTask property of Project object is different (task with name equal to file name for MS Project 2010 file and task with name equal to first task in project for OpenProj file).

Could you clarify whether import of files created using OpenProj are not supported at all or there is some particular issue which can be solved?

Version of used Aspose.Tasks library is 3.5.0.0.

Regards,

Evgeny

Hi Evgeny,

I have tested Aspose.Tasks 3.5.0 and OpenProj 1.4 compatibility.

Aspose.Tasks can read files created by OpenProj 1.4 correctly only when the project has one parent task which is a root for all tasks. In other cases the information is wrong (see a screen shot attached, original OpenProj project is above and converted by Aspose.Tasks version is below). OpenProj does not write project’s root task in the XML as MS Project and Aspose.Tasks do, so we have the difference in the tasks hierarchy.

It looks that OpenProj does not read files created by Aspose.Tasks at all and I have a problem with a list of original MS Project files as well while their MPP versions were read OK.

I have created a new issue “Add reading support of XML files created by OpenProj.” with ID = 22999 and linked it to this forum thread. Unfortunatelly we can add the issue only to our Q2’2011 development plans. And we can do nothing with the backward compatibility.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-22999) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.