Is it posible to use ASPOSE to open/edit/save word document in browser

Hi There,
While exploring your product for one of our project we have one small query regarding capabilities of your product. We have requirement to edit a create word file in our system and save the edited word file back to the server.
We need our users to:

• Open word (.doc, .docx, .rtf file located on our server)
  • Edit this file in a browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome etc)
  • Save this file back to the server where it was originally located

The environment we have is a ASP.NET environment on a Microsoft architecture. Would that be technical possible with the components from ASPOSE.

Regards

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words for .NET is just a class library and with it you can programmatically generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without utilizing Microsoft Word®. So, it does not offer any UI or web control for performing these document processing tasks on web pages.

Our sister company GroupDocs.com offers a viewer app which you may consider including in your application to view the various file formats. With GroupDocs apps, you can also have limited editing functionalities. For more information, I suggest you please contact GroupDocs support through live chat or support forums of GroupDocs.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks for your reply. I understand with API we can create, open, modify any doc w/o MS Word.
But in our business case, customer need to also design MS Word like templates on runtime having bookmarks and fields over browser only for our ASP.Net web application.
Is it possible in Aspose to design new template on browser?
If not, I would appreciate if you could suggest best alternative product.

Hi Mohit,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Aspose.Words does not offer any UI or web control to open/edit documents via web browsers. We suggest you please contact GroupDocs support for your scenario.