Is it possible for aspose product to convert from word to excel or pdf to excel?

Pls, is it possible for aspose products to convert a word document to an excel sheet accurately. Can you point me to some vb.net or c# examples so i can build on in this regard.

Thanks

Hi Lanre,

Thanks for your interest in our products and sorry for replying you late.

I am a representative from Aspose.Pdf team. This component provides the feature to create/manipulate/edit existing PDF files. It also supports the feature to transform PDF files into various other file formats but I am afraid currently it does not support the feature to convert PDF file into Excel worksheet. However for the sake of implementation, we already have
logged this requirement in our issue tracking system under New Features list as
PDFNEWNET-33541. As soon as we have made some progress towards the implementation of this feature, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We
apologize for your inconvenience.

Now concerning to your requirement on converting word files into Excel format, I am moving this thread to respective forum so that my fellow worker from Aspose.Words team can further share some details regarding this functionality.

Hi,

Its already over a month i posted this and one of your colleagues also inform me that the request has been queued for update. Please, i’ll just like you guys to know that time is of the essence here. I really do appreciate your response and dedication to this product though.

I shall await a response from the new link the thread has been transfered.

Thank you.

Hi Lanre,

I have tried moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum so that my fellow worker from Aspose.Words team can answer your query but since its a private message, so I am afraid I cannot move this to Aspose.Total forum. Furthermore as you have stated above, that you have been update about the status of Word to Excel conversion, so you may keep watching that thread and you will be updated about the implementation/availability of required feature.

We are really sorry for this delay and inconvenience.
Hi Lanre,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to convert Word document to Excel. However, it is possible using Aspose.Words+Aspose.Cells. I have attached a simple converter for you (See the attached class). Here is how you should use it:
Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\sample.doc");
ConverterDoc2Xls converter = new ConverterDoc2Xls();
Workbook wb = converter.Convert(doc);
wb.Save("C:\\Temp\\out.xls");
I hope, this will help.

Best Regards,

Hafeez, thanks so much.

But pls try the same attached code with the attached pdf and see where my initial worries and concerns came from. As soon as the class can get this done properly, then aspose product for us in terms of conversion is a go.

Thank you.

Hi Lanre,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. First of all, please note that Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel documents are completely different file formats; so, some features that are available in Microsoft Word are not available in Microsoft Excel and vice versa and it is hard to convert from Word to Excel and from Excel to Word with 100% fidelity. I think, you should simply decide what features are important to preserve during Word to Excel and Excel to Word conversions. Secondly, I see you have attached a Pdf document in your post, but, could you please create a console application which demonstrates your problem and attach it here along with your input/output documents (Word, Excel files) for testing? You may also create screenshots that highlights the problematic areas. I will then investigate the problem(s) on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33541) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(3)

A post was split to a new topic: ConverterDoc2Xls code