Is it possible to extract formatted body from .ics appointment?

Hi
I need to extract formatted body from an appointment saved as .ics file. I have found the following method which can return body as a plain text (all formatting is lost):
Dim Message As Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment
Message = Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment.Load(IcsPath)
Dim HtmlBodyIcs As String = Message.Description
Is it possible to extract formatted body via Aspose.Email?

@tak,

This is to update you that accessing the appointment description will return you only the description string of the appointment. Following is the sample code snippet which can be used to create/define an appointment.

// Create and initialize an instance of the Appointment class
        Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment appointment = new Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment(
            "Meeting Room 3 at Office Headquarters",// Location
            "Monthly Meeting",                      // Summary
            "Please confirm your availability.",    // Description
            new DateTime(2015, 2, 8, 13, 0, 0),     // Start date
            new DateTime(2015, 2, 8, 14, 0, 0),     // End date
            "from@domain.com",                      // Organizer
            "attendees@domain.com");                // Attendees 

similarly you can load an appointment in ICS Format and read.

// Load an Appointment just created and saved to disk and display its details.
Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment loadedAppointment = Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment.Load(dstEmail);
Console.WriteLine(Environment.NewLine + "Loaded Appointment details are as follows:");
// Display the appointment information on screen
Console.WriteLine("Summary: " + loadedAppointment.Summary);
Console.WriteLine("Location: " + loadedAppointment.Location);
Console.WriteLine("Description: " + loadedAppointment.Description);
Console.WriteLine("Start date: " + loadedAppointment.StartDate);
Console.WriteLine("End date: " + loadedAppointment.EndDate);
Console.WriteLine("Organizer: " + appointment.Organizer);
Console.WriteLine("Attendees: " + appointment.Attendees);

Aspose.Email.Calendar.Appointment class also exposes GetAppointmentHtml method you may try this at your end. In case above information dose not extract what you want then share the sample ICS file and update us about how and what you want. we will look into it.

Thank you! Method GetAppointmentHtml is exactly what I need.

@tak,

You are welcome.

I have one more question: method GetAppointmentHtml returns string that looks like

ICS appointment with formatting

Title: ICS appointment with formatting

StartTime: 8 вересня 2017 р. 11:30:00

EndTime: 8 вересня 2017 р. 12:00:00

Time Zone: Europe/Paris

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BUGAGA

BUGAGA

BUGAGA

BUGAGA

where bold part is not an appointment body at all so I have to cut it manually with belief that ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
is a standard Aspose splitter. Is it possible to get only appointment body as HTML or as RTF without this additional info?

Also I must admit that this method does not return real formatting of the body - in my example I used different styles for and colors for the text and they all are lost (one BUGAGA was red, another one bold with huge font size).

@tak,

This issue is re-produced and logged under Id:EMAILNET-38910 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

@tak,

The issue you have reported here in this thread has been fixed in the latest version of [Aspose.Email for .NET 18.2] (NuGet Gallery | Aspose.Email 23.9.0).