Is it possible to use Apsose.slide with COM-Objekt in PHP?

If yes, is there a manual? I’ve only seen the manual für Words.

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed your requirements and like to share that you can follow the same guidelines shared in Aspose.Words documentation for using Aspose.Slides for .NET via Com Interop. These guidelines will help you configure PHP to work with COM. You can visit this thread link as well to get some PHP samples for using Aspose.Slides.

I hope the shared information will be helpful.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

sounds good. Thank you. PHP is configured as describen under php.net. What I don’t understand (because I don’t know .NET) why the following error apears:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘com_exception’ with message ‘Failed to create COM object aspose.slides.Presentation' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHPPowerPoint\comAspose.php on line 17 com_exception: Failed to create COM object aspose.slides.Presentation’: Ungültige Syntax in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHPPowerPoint\comAspose.php on line 17 Call Stack: 1.0074 332792 1. {main}() C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHPPowerPoint\comAspose.php:0 1.0098 333440 2. com->com() C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHPPowerPoint\comAspose.php:17

I’ve tried it so:

$app = new COM(‘aspose.slides.Presentation’);
or so
$app = new COM(‘Aspose.Slides’);
The Php-Java-Bridge is out of question for us.

Do you have a advice where to start debugging?
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please provide the working sample project. It seems that Aspose.Slide is not properly referenced in your application. Please share the sample project so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

ok, only too much. But, I don’t understand what I can send you. The only thing I have is a php-file that contains one line.

To be able to work with it I’ve installed the .NET-Installation of Aspose.Slides. I thought it will create references automaticaly. Am I wrong?

Kind Regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have observed the issue further and request you to please visit the following web links for your reference. I will also setup the environment on my end as well to further test the things. You need to resolve the issue on your end based on your environment.

• http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/608054/Doubtplusinplusinplusphppluscodeplusforplus-NETplu
  • https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3175
  • http://grokbase.com/t/php/php-bugs/055yyk3650/33188-new-cannot-instantiate-a-dotnet-object

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

thank you, but I know links in this manner. I still worked with the COM-Object and had no problem with it in past. To be sure I installed the current stable-versions of Apache and PHP.

Nothing changes. The current error looks like that:
Fatal error: in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\PHPPowerPoint\comAspose.php on line 17

The code is that:
$app = new COM(‘Aspose.Slides.Document’);

Any Ideas?

Kind Regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have observed the information shared by you and like to share that there is no Document class in Aspose.Slides. You need to create Presentation class object for Aspose.Slides.

Please try using the following change on your end.

$app = new COM(‘Aspose.Slides.Presentation’);

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

thank you. I thought I haven’t used the correct object, but at the moment it seems to me, there are other issues. In case of using a object that does not exist, there would appear a different error. Here I cannot see anything. Only “Fatal error”.

It’s the same with Aspose.Slides.Presentation

Do you know how to debug? Could it be I installed it in wrong way?

Kind Regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Can you please share the sample project with us along with PHP version used on your end. Please also share the Operating system and Web server details on your end.

Many Thanks,

Hello Mudassir,

there still is no project, only the first line of code that crashes.

But here is my environment:

Win8.0
Apache 2.4
PHP 5.6.11

Kind Regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

I have setup PHP under .NET environment on my end and have tried using Aspose.Slides using com interop in PHP. It seems to be an issue while using Aspose.Slides in com interop and an issue with ID SLIDESNET-36623 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue . This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello Mudassir,

thanks a lot. Can you please estimate how much time it will take?
I still need some time to understand your software.

Kind Regards,
Dirk Münker

Hi Dirk Münker,

I like to share that the issue has just been created and is pending issues queue waiting for investigation. Our product team will schedule and investigate the issue on its due turn and after that we will be able to share the time estimates with you. We will really appreciate your patience till the time our product team schedule and investigate the issue.

Many Thanks,