Is macro enabled MPPs supported?

Hi,

Can you let me know if macro enabled MPPs (wherein some content gets updated dynamically on opening the file) are supported by Aspose Tasks or not ?

Just attaching one such file as sample.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I am afraid to share that macro enabled MPPs are not supported by Aspose.Tasks at present and there is no such implementation in our development plan as well. Please feel free to write to us in case we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

No problem, thanks !

Hi Kashif,

Do you have a list of known limitations in Aspose Tasks or known features that are yet to be implemented ? I was wondering if you can prepare such list (may be with the help of your dev) and share with us …

Since there are many issues (you would have seen many threads raised by me in recent past, and for most of them bugs have turned out to be bugs), it is important for us to document all known limitations at high-levels before we release our product with Apose Tasks.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

At present, we have only the information available in the form of Microsoft Project Data Reading and Writing Summary. We hope that these will give you a good idea about the supported features. About the other non-available features, it seems to be a little difficult to provide a list of all non-supported functionality. Please let us know if we can be of any additional help to you in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

That link doesn’t help us much. Is it possible for you to check with dev and try to find out more info on this. I am sure they’ll have more info in terms of what all things are not yet implemented in Aspose Tasks and issues are likely to come in those functionalities.

It’s ok if you don’t make some formal kind of statement, we just need this info for our internal purpose to get better idea about Aspose Tasks.

Please feel free to move this thread to Enterprise Support (under user AjeshEMC) if you think it will be more appropriate to discuss this there.

Thanks,
Rajiv

Please feel free to move this thread to my Enterprise Support a/c if required.

Thanks.

Hi Rajiv,

I have discussed the possibility of providing any such information available with our developed team but I am afraid there is no such information readily available. Moreover, it will be a little difficult to explore each and every aspect of Microsoft Project with respect to implementation. I have further conveyed your requirements to our development team and will write back here once there is some information available in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

Wondering if you heard anything further from your dev team …

Regards,
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Development team has looked into such implementation in detail but I am afraid to share that we won’t be able to provide this feature due to the non-availability of open specifications by Microsoft for such implementation. In addition, implementation of this feature will require enough time due to the complexity involved even if the specifications were available. I hope that explains the limitations due to which this feature can’t be considered for implementation at least for now. Please feel free to write to us if you have any other query/inquiry in this regard.