Is Reading XLS free-to-use .Net

hi, I have a task a to read emails in my .Net program, I extract the attachments (office file types) and find a keyword in them. I am using Aspose.Cells to perform this task and it working fine. (only using Aspose.Cells and to process .XLS file types, rest are processed by openxml).

My query is, am I free to use this library or do I have to purchase a license? I am only using it to read and not manipulate or generate anything.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Saif

@Saif1432 Aspose.Cells can be used in evaluation mode, but it comes with certain limitations, primarily related to the number of files that can be processed. While the functionality of the API remains intact, there are restrictions on the volume of files that can be handled in evaluation mode. For detailed information about these limitations, I recommend referring to our official documentation, which provides comprehensive details on the restrictions imposed when using Aspose.Cells in evaluation mode.

@Saif1432,

Moreover, please note, Aspose SDKs cannot be used commercially without a valid license. You can use Aspose.Cells without a license (evaluation mode) for evaluation purpose only, there is no time limit for using free evaluation version (internal usage) for testing purpose. However using evaluation version commercially (even for reading) is not allowed.

1 Like

Thank you for the response @amjad.sahi.

We are actually considering to purchase the license but seeing the numbers (We only need Aspose for 1% of our files) we are still deciding if we should go for it or not. Once finalized, we will proceed further. Can we request a temporary license to verify if it works for these 4 extension types (.ppt, .doc, .xls, .xlsb)? Out only objective is to extract text and then search for some words.

@Saif1432,

We suggest you to perform all your tasks using different Aspose APIs in Aspose.Total for .NET package. If you need to perform variety of operations on different file formats, we recommend Aspose libraries over Open XML SDK.

You need to use different Aspose for .NET APIs in Aspose.Total for .NET package for the purpose. You may request for 30-days temporary license to evaluate/test the APIs without any restriction.