Is the PPT to PPTX conversion solved yet?

Greetings,

There have been posts inquiring after the PPT to PPTX conversion process for many years now, and I’m not seeing anything that appears to be change the answer on this, buuuuut I thought I’d ask: has this yet been solved? If not, does anyone have a handy work-around for the problem?

Regards,

Sean ~ TeamSpace Canada

Hi Sean,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and like to share that the issue is supposed to provided in upcoming release of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.8.0. I have requested our development team to share the updated progress of the issue. I regret to share that currently there is no workaround available using Aspose.Slides for Java to achieve this. You may convert the PPT to PPTX using PowerPoint and can later on use that with Aspose.Slides for Java.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Greetings,

Understood - thanks for the reply and update! =o)

Sean

Hi Mudassir,

after the release of Aspose.Slides for Java 2.8.0 I couldn’t find any conversion mentioned in the releasenotes. It’s mainly a bugfix release as far as I can see.

Could you please give an update on this issue. For us and many other customers this is an urgent matter.

Thank you in advance. Best Regards
Stephan

Hi
Stephan,

I regret to share that the issue is unresolved so far as we are currently in phase of auto porting Aspose.Slides for .NET features to Aspose.Slides for Java. This auto porting of features will be available in Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0. This is one huge task that is currently in progress and will be released in May, 2012. We will really appreciate your patience till that time.

Many Thanks,