Is there any way to set or retrieve the RemovePersonalInformation property of a document?

I do not see a way to set or retrieve the value of the RemovePersonalInformation property of a Word document using Aspose.Words - is there a way to do that?

Prior to Word 2007, a user working on a document could turn this on by selecting a check box in the Trust Center options. Since Word 2007, the check box has been disabled, but you can enable it by clicking the Document Inspector button immediately below the checkbox and telling it to clean the Document Properties and Personal Information - that will also turn on the RemovePersonalInfromation property. In addition, it can be done through the object model by a macro or add-in.

I found this post from 2009 mentioning the property, and a response indicating you've considered adding a way to access the property. Has that been done? If not, will it be done?

Thanks for any information on this,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We already have this feature listed in the future enhancements in Aspose.Words for .NET, but for now it has been postponed by the development team due to the complexities involved and other high priority tasks. This necessarily means that this feature will not be available in upcoming releases in the near future, but there is a chance that if development team gets time, it will be done any time in future.

I have attached this thread to an already existing new feature request (WORDSNET-2557) to access RemovePersonalInformation property using Aspose.Words for .NET and you will automatically be notified as soon as it is completed.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more queries.