Is there support for Font.Fill property currently or planned in the future?

In Word 2010, the Font class added a Fill property. I don’t see a way to access that using Aspose.Words. Is this supported? If not, are there plans to support it in the future? Specifically, I’d like to access the Transparency property of the FillFormat object that property returns.

Thanks (and thanks for the quick replies to my other questions, as well :slight_smile: - so far Aspose.Words looks great, with just a few little issues like this one that might cause us a little difficulty),

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words.

Font.Fill property returns a FillFormat object that represents fill formatting for a shape. In Aspose.Words you can define a Fill for the Shape by using the Shape.Fill property:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.drawing/fill/

For example, please see the following code snippet that demonstrates how to create shapes with fill.

DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder();
builder.Writeln();
builder.Writeln();
builder.Writeln();
builder.Write("Some text under the shape.");
// Create a red balloon, semitransparent.
// The shape is floating and its coordinates are (0,0) by default, relative to the current paragraph.
Shape shape = new Shape(builder.Document, ShapeType.Balloon);
shape.FillColor = Color.Red;
shape.Fill.Opacity = 0.3;
shape.Width = 100;
shape.Height = 100;
shape.Top = -100;
builder.InsertNode(shape);
builder.Document.Save(@"C:\temp\out.docx");

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Is there a way to accesss the FillFormat object for text that is not associated with a shape? I’ve attached a file that has an example of what I mean. It has a single paragraph with three runs in it - the first and last runs are visible but the second run is invisible. The FillFormat object retrieved from the Fill property of the Font object associated with that run has had it’s Transparency set to 1.0, so it won’t appear at all in the document. There isn’t a shape associated with the run or the font, and I don’t see any way to access the Aspose.Words version of the FillFormat object for that font. Is that supported at all? If not, are there any plans to do so?

Thanks,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the additional information. I have logged a new feature request in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-7788. Your request has also been linked to this feature and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7788) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.3 update.