IsOverallocated flag is True for tasks that are not overallocated for project plans

Hi there,

I have being using Aspose.Tasks for .Net and while reviewing the .mpp file though c# code, multiple tasks return true when queried for task.Get(Tsk.IsOverallocated). These task when viewing the file are not marked as over allocated neither their resource are marked as over allocated in the resource sheet but whenever running through code, the task returns overallocated flag as true. Kindly guide.

@Abdul.Hadi

We may need to investigate this on our end and for that we require to have source MPP file, generated file, snapshot of tasks having issue and used sample code. Please share the requested information so that we may investigate the issue further. I hope you are using the latest version of Aspose.Tasks for .NET 21.1.

Hello Mudassir,

Following is the code trough which I am detecting the overallocation. However, I am unable to upload the file as .mpp file is not allowed to uploaded here.

Project project = new Project(fiilePath);
        foreach (var task1 in project.RootTask.Children)
        {
            if (task1.Get(Tsk.IsActive))
            {
                if (task1.Children.Any())
                {
                    iterator(task1);
                }
            }
        }

private void iterator(Aspose.Tasks.Task Parenttask)
{

foreach (var task in Parenttask.Children)
        {
            if (task.Get(Tsk.IsOverallocated))
                txtBox1.Text += task.Get(Tsk.Id) + " || " + task.Get(Tsk.Name) + Environment.NewLine;
            if (task.Children.Any())
            {
                iterator(task);
            }
        }
    }

@Abdul.Hadi

Please zip the MPP file and upload here. You cannot directly upload MPP file.

Attached is the file:
Test Plan Aspose.zip (206.1 KB)

@Abdul.Hadi

Thank your for sharing the information. I have created a ticket with ID TASKSNET-4719 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi Mudassir.

Any update on the issue ? It has been almost 3 months since the last update.

@Abdul.Hadi

I regret to share that at present there are no updates for the status of the issue. We request for your patience and will share good news with you as soon as it will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKSNET-4719) have been fixed in this update.

@Abdul.Hadi

We have fixed the overallocation calculations in version 21.8, but attached file is saved in previous version of Aspose.Tasks and has invalid cached values of overallocation flags (MS Project doesn’t recalculate them and simply reads from .mpp file).

Please try to open and save the file using version 21.8 of Aspose.Tasks for .NET, check overallocations in MS Project and share his feedback with us.