ISSN value

Hi,

I specify the following value for my ISSN barcode 0002-8231, which is a valid one for the journal “Journal of the American Society for Information Science”, but it seems not the format expected I get an excpetion telling that the code text is invalid.

Could you please tell me how to send data for ISSN ?

Hi Crystal,

Sorry, we were not able to reproduce the issue using the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for Java. Can you please share which version of Aspose.BarCode are you using and your complete code to reproduce the issue?

Please also share which OS are you using and what is the Java version.

Best Regards,

Hi

We’re using version 7.7 of Aspose Barcoe for Java.

This is the piece of code I’m using :
BarCodeBuilder bb = new BarCodeBuilder();
bb.setCodeText(“0002-8231”);
bb.setThrowExceptionWhenCodeTextIncorrect(true);
bb.setSymbologyType(Symbology.ISSN);
bb.setAutoSize(true);
// Save the image
bb.save(dst);

Hi Crystal,

We were able to reproduce the issue and it has been logged into our issue tracking system as BARCODJAVA-34322. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for writing us back.

We have asked our product team to provide update on this issue. We will share it with you as soon as any update is available.

Any idea in which release it will be fixed ?

Hi Crystal,

This is to update you that our product team is working on this issue. They are looking into the ISSN specification. We will share the updates with you once our product team completes the investigation process.

Hi Crystal,

This is to update you that our product team has completed the investigation. It is expected that the issue will be fixed in Aspose.Barcode 8.2.0 version. We will update via this forum thread once the fixed version is available in download section.

Thanks for your answer. Do you have a approximate release date for this version as we’ll deliver our next release with your aspose integration begining of september ?

So we need to know if we need to remove this barcode type from our product or if we can have the relese before this date to test it.

Thanks

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for writing us back.

This is to update you that version Aspose.Barcode 8.2.0 will be released during middle of August, 2016 tentatively. We will update via this forum thread once it is available in download section.

Any news about this release ?

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that the fix for the issue will be available in release Aspose.BarCode for Java 8.3.0. Further to update you that the issue will be fixed for .Net version and then our product team will auto port the code to Java. We will update you via this forum thread once the release will be available in download section.

Thanks for your reply.

Any release date for this version ?

Thanks

Hi Crystal,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This is to update you that our product team is working on Aspose.BarCode for Java 3.2.0. The fix for the issue will be available in release Aspose.BarCode for Java 8.3.0. We will update you via this forum thread once the release will be available in download section.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.