Issue converting RTF to PDF using Save method of Aspose.Words.Document in Aspose.Words dll version 21.6.0

I am getting issue in formatting of the content in the PDF file while converting RTF to PDF using Save method of Aspose.Words.Document in Aspose.Words dll version 21.6.0

Whereas this was working fine in the earlier version of Aspose.Words.dll

I have noticed that the space characters in between the contents are not aligned uniformly and causing the formatting issue

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

@yogeshg Could you please attach the problematic RTF and output PDFs here for testing? We will check the issue and provide you more information.

ConvertedPDF.pdf (63.9 KB)
Test.7z (932 Bytes)

Hi Alexey,

I have attached the RTF and PDF files. The RTF is in 7z format.
Please have a look.

Thanks

@yogeshg Thank you for additional information. I have managed t reproduce the problem and logged it as WORDSNET-23168. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.
Could you please let us know what previous version of Aspose.Words produce the right result on your side?

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for looking and reproducing this.
The earlier File version was 6.5.0.0 and the Product version was 2009.06.30

Thanks

@yogeshg Thank you for additional information. I have added it to the appropriate defect.

@yogeshg We have completed analyzing the issue and concluded this is not a bug. Your document has the Balance DBCS characters and DBCS characters option enabled. Word can lay out document with such option differently depending on the installed language:

1. If only English is installed, enabling and disabling this option does nothing
  2. If Chinese or Japanese language is installed, this option controls the width of space characters making them narrower

In MS Word you observe the behavior for the 1st case. Aspose.Words, however, always respects the Balance DBCS characters and DBCS characters option as MS Word in the 2nd case.

To get the desired rendering output, you can disable the Balance DBCS characters and DBCS characters option:

Document d = new Document(@"in.rtf");
d.CompatibilityOptions.BalanceSingleByteDoubleByteWidth = false;
d.Save("in.pdf"); 

Hi Alexey

Thanks a lot for your help and support on this issue.
The document is rendered in correct format now as it was with the previous version of the dll.

Regards
Yogesh

@yogeshg Please feel free to ask in case of any issues. We are always glad to help you.