Issue Extracting Pages from PDF Document after upgrade to version 11.5

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade to version 11.5 but have found a bug in the assembly whereby PDF files we could extract pages from in version 10.8 are now returning errors.

The code we are using is the following:

Aspose.Pdf.License AsposePDF = new Aspose.Pdf.License();

AsposePDF.SetLicense(licenseFile);

AsposePDF.Embedded = true;

string localTemplateFileName = @“filename”;

//

using (FileStream templateStream = new FileStream(localTemplateFileName, FileMode.Open))

{

string FileName = string.Format("{0}Page{1}{2}.PDF", “DE_DE_E_138v1_1EOYTemplate”, 2, Guid.NewGuid());

using (FileStream outputStream = new FileStream(FileName, FileMode.Create))

{

Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor aspose = new Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileEditor();

aspose.AllowConcatenateExceptions = true;

bool extractResponse = aspose.Extract(templateStream, 2, 2, outputStream);

}

}

From some tests we have completed the issue appears to be where a field exists on multiple pages with the same field name.

The same field name is used on both Page 2 and Page 3.

Using Original.pdf I could extract Page 1, 4 & 5, but not 2 & 3.

Pages 2 and 3 have field names in common: TAXNO, TAXYEAR and COMPNAME.

If I remove these fields from either page 2 or page 3, then I am able to extract all pages.

I have attached a file which highlights the issue.

This works fine in 10.8 but returns an error in 11.5.

Regards,

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested your scenario with shared document using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.5.0 and managed to observe the reported regression issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-40620 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-40620) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 11.6.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan