Issue getting barcode to pass Barcode Verifier

Hello, we are trying to create USPS Postal Barcodes using the Aspose Library for .Net Core. I have enclosed two barcode images. We have several issues

1. The issue from the barcode verifier is the large white gaps on the left hand side of the barcode. The machine cannot determine if those are a space or part of the barcode
  2. Even when we are able to get the barcode to a reasonable grade, we have a limited amount of space. With no sizing these barcodes are way to wide for the label. If we try to scale them, they completely fail the grader
  3. The barcodes should be at 300dpi, but we are only able to get any semi-passing grade if they are generated in 150dpi.

I am unsure as to the correct set of library properties that we should be calling to get a passing barcode in the width that we want and the documentation is not helpful enough for us to figure this out on our own.

I have enclosed to full size versions of the barcode that shows the white space gap.

Need assistance on how to properly use the library so we can generate and size correctly

Thanks in advance
bc.jpg (51.9 KB)
150 bc.jpg (32.1 KB)
bc.jpg (51.9 KB)

@TurboCooler,
Thank you for your query.

Please share your sample code which you are using to create these barcodes. Identify the unwanted space by marking it in the image for our reference. Also provide us the expected output created by some third party tool for our reference.

2X (to minimal zebra element) minimal quiet zone around barcode is required by barcode standard.

The issue is not the quiet zone. It is the white bars in the bar code

@TurboCooler,
You may please share an image where the concerned white bars are encircled for our reference. We will analyze the issue and provide assistance accordingly. Also as requested earlier, share your runnable sample code for our testing.

As I understand you generate USPS Intelligent Mail Package Barcode which is subset of GS1 Code128 or Code128.

You can read code128 specification and find that everything generated is correctly

The last symbol have current zebra sizes :14, 21, 21 ,7, 7, 7, 14. If we divide them on 7 we receive 2, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2 which is fully correspond to stop symbol. So barcode is generated correctly, where minimal zebra size is 7.

To manage zebra size you can set it up in generation options:

BarcodeGenerator generator = new BarcodeGenerator(EncodeTypes.Code128, “12345”);
//minimal zebra size is 7 pixel
// generator.Parameters.Barcode.XDimension.Pixels = 7;
//minimal zebra size is 1 pixel
generator.Parameters.Barcode.XDimension.Pixels = 1;
//generate
generator.Save(@“d:\save\rec\gen.png”, BarCodeImageFormat.Png);

@TurboCooler - Were you able to generate an IMpb? I’m also trying to generate an IMpb with Aspose.Barocde and I am having issues.

@nathanbartell,
You may please give a try to our latest release and if find some issue, please create a new thread along with the runnable sample code and template file for our reference. We will test the scenario and provide assistance accordingly.