Issue in creating workbook

Hello,

I am facing the following exception while creating the workbook using a particular xlsx file.
Aspose cells version used is 22.12

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 8 out of bounds for length 8
at com.aspose.cells.i1y.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.i1y.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.g_8.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.g_8.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.a14.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.n51.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Style.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.a2e.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.a2e.c(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.a2e.b(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.l50.f(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.y9.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.n3o.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.y89.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.y89.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)

Please let me know what could be the reason.

Thanks in advance

@bkmmxxiii,

Please try using our latest version/fix, Aspose.Cells for Java v23.12 (Releases | Maven).

If you still find the issue, kindly zip and attach your template Excel file. We will check your issue soon.

Thanks for the reply.

I am facing the issue with the version v23.12 too. Unfortunately, I’m unable to share the file due to existing restrictions on my end. Is there any other way to find the cause of the error?

@bkmmxxiii,

I’m sorry, but without your template Excel file, we may not be able to accurately evaluate your issue and therefore cannot fix it. The error trace alone is not enough to investigate the issue. I suggest replacing your confidential data with dummy data in your Excel file, zipping the file, and providing it to us. We will look into your issue soon.

I am attaching the file which is causing the issue here. Please check.
workbook_creation_error_file.xlsx.zip (29.5 KB)

It would be great if this issue could be resolved as soon as possible.

@bkmmxxiii
By using sample file for testing, we can reproduce the issue. ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException occurs when loading the sample file.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45792

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for your reply. Can you suggest any workaround so that we can create the workbook successfully?

@bkmmxxiii
Sorry, there is no alternative solution, this is a bug. We will fix it soon and notify you promptly of any updates.

@bkmmxxiii
There is an invalid number format “[mm]:ss.”, millisecond should be after “.” in the time format.
We will fix the issue.
Now please change the template file : unzip the xlsx file, remove " from styles.xml, then re-zip the files into a zip and change the extension as “xlsx”.

Thank you so much for this solution. We can manage with this fix for the time being. Wishing you a happy new year and a great year ahead!

@bkmmxxiii
We have fixed this issue and will release the new verison 24.1 within 1-2 weeks.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45792) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 24.1.