Issue in displaying some of the characters in wingdings font style by using CloneSlide method

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the resolution and with the new DLL the issue of displaying some of the characters in wingdings font style by using CloneSlide method has been resolved.

We are facing an another issue with a new DLL(Aspose Slides 5.9.0), while embedding an Excel Chart as an OLE Object in to the PowerPoint Slide. While double clicking on the chart in the output PPT, the error message "The server application, source file, or item can't be found, or returned an unknown error. You may need to reinstall the server application" is being thrown.

Please look in to this issue and let us know what could be done to resolve this. Thanks.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi M

Hi Mahalakshmi,

Kindly share the source and generated presentation along with the code snippet used so that I may investigate it further on my end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

As per your previous post, I am attaching the sample source code as well as the Output presentation.Please find the same in the attachment Output.ppt.

Below is the sample code snippet to replicate the issue.

string[] cellsName = new string[] {
"A1", "A2", "A3", "A4",
"B1", "B2", "B3", "B4",
"C1", "C2", "C3", "C4" };

//Array of cell data
int[] cellsValue = new int[]
{ 64,86,68,91,
};

Aspose.Cells.Workbook wb = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook();

wb.Worksheets.RemoveAt(0);

//Add a chart sheet
int chartSheetIdx = wb.Worksheets.Add(Aspose.Cells.SheetType.Chart);
Aspose.Cells.Worksheet chartSheet = wb.Worksheets[chartSheetIdx];
chartSheet.Name = "ChartSheet";

//Add a new worksheet to populate cells with data
int dataSheetIdx = wb.Worksheets.Add();
Aspose.Cells.Worksheet dataSheet = wb.Worksheets[dataSheetIdx];
string sheetName = "DataSheet";
dataSheet.Name = sheetName;

for (int i = 0; i < cellsName.Length; i++)
{
string cellName = cellsName[i];
int cellValue = cellsValue[i];
dataSheet.Cells[cellName].PutValue(cellValue);
}

//Add a chart in ChartSheet with data series from DataSheet
int chartIdx = chartSheet.Charts.Add(Aspose.Cells.ChartType.Line, 0, 0, 0, 0);

Aspose.Cells.Chart chart = chartSheet.Charts[chartIdx];
chart.NSeries.Add(sheetName + "!A1:A4", true);
chart.NSeries.Add(sheetName + "!B1:B4", true);
chart.NSeries.Add(sheetName + "!C1:C4", true);

chart.NSeries[0].Name = "UNITS";
chart.NSeries[0].Area.ForegroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(154, 153, 255);

chart.NSeries[1].Name = "VALUE";
chart.NSeries[1].Area.ForegroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(153, 51, 101);

chart.NSeries[2].Name = "GVALUE";
chart.NSeries[2].Area.ForegroundColor = System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(255, 255, 203);

//Set ChartSheet an active sheet
wb.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex = chartSheetIdx;

Bitmap imgChart = wb.Worksheets[chartSheetIdx].Charts[0].ToImage();

MemoryStream wbStream = wb.SaveToStream();

int picId = -1;
Aspose.Slides.License license = new Aspose.Slides.License();
license.SetLicense("Aspose.Slides.lic");

Presentation pres = new Presentation();
Slide sld = pres.GetSlideByPosition(1);

if (imgChart != null)
{
Aspose.Slides.Picture pic = new Aspose.Slides.Picture(pres, imgChart);
picId = pres.Pictures.Add(pic);
}

int slideWidth = pres.SlideSize.Width;
int slideHeight = pres.SlideSize.Height;

byte[] chartOleData = new byte[wbStream.Length];
wbStream.Position = 0;
wbStream.Read(chartOleData, 0, chartOleData.Length);

OleObjectFrame oof = sld.Shapes.AddOleObjectFrame(0, 0, slideWidth, slideHeight, "Excel.Sheet.8", chartOleData);

oof.PictureId = picId;

pres.Write(@"C:\temp\Output.ppt");

Regards,

Mahalakshmi

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I have worked with the code snippet shared and have been able to observe the issue shared. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-33214 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Can you provide an ETA for this issue?

Thanks,

Mahalakshmi M

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I like to share that the issue has just been created and at the moment it is too early to comment that when issue will be resolved. As soon as our development team will investigate and schedule the issue, I will be able to share the ETA on the basis of that. I will share the updates with you as soon as they will be available.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Can we have any update on this issue? Even a work around from your end to overcome this issue would be really helpful for us.

Thanks,

Mahalakshmi M

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that issue shared has not been resolved yet. Actually, we are currently uniting models for PPT and PPTX and the issue of Ole frame un-editable is dependent upon the completion of said requirement. The said unification of models will be completed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.4.0, which is scheduled for release on June 20, 2012. Hopefully, after this uni faction the issue will be resolved. I am aware that this is some long time span but this is some major modification in product. We will really appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

As per your previous post dated on Feb 21, the issue of OLE frame un-editable will be fixed in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.4.0 release which is planned on June 20.

Is this issue resolved? If so, where can we download the latest DLL?

Thanks,
Mahalakshmi M.

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I have verified the code snippet shared by you in this thread post using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.3.0 and have found issue as resolved. For your kind reference, i have also shared the generated presentation. Please share your feedback with us by trying the same on your end so that I may close the ticket created for this issue.

Many Thanks,