Issue in displaying some of the characters in wingdings font style by using CloneSlide method

Hi,

We have an issue in displaying some of the characters in wingdings font style by using CloneSlide method. In the source presentation slide, we have an applied the wingdings font for the character " á" which will display the character as up arrow. While cloning the source slide to another presentation, in the cloned slide the font applied for the character " á" is changed to Arial which is resulting in diaplying wrong data. Please look in to this issue and let us know whether there is any workaround and what could be done for the permanent fix. Thank You.

Please find more details for the above issue.

1. Source PPT and Cloned PPT are attached for your reference.

2. Sample source code to replicate the issue.

Below is the sample code snippet to replicate this issue.

Slide slide = null;

Presentation source = new Presentation(@"C:\temp\Source.ppt");

SortedList temp = new SortedList();

Presentation m_presentation = new Presentation();

slide = source.Slides[0];

source.CloneSlide(slide, m_presentation.Slides.LastSlidePosition + 1, m_presentation, temp);

m_presentation.Slides.RemoveAt(0);

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();

if (stream != null)

{

m_presentation.Write(stream);

}

FileStream file = new FileStream(@"c:\temp\Cloned.ppt", FileMode.Create, FileAccess.Write);

byte[] bytes = stream.ToArray();

file.Write(bytes, 0, (int)stream.Length);

Hi Mahalakshmi,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

Please accept my apology for late response. I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this issue as SLIDESNET-31847 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you will be updated via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Manzoor,

Can you please let us know the current update on this from your team? Can you let us know the ETC for this?

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issue is not resolved yet. However, I have asked for the ETA of this issue from our development team. As soon as, any information is shared by them, I will be more then happy to share that with you.

Hi Manzoor,

Can we have any update on this?

Thanks,

Mahalakshmi

Hi Mahalakshmi,

Please accept my apology for late response. I am waiting of the response form our development team about the ETA of this issue. I will update you via this forum thread once I get response from them.

Hi Manzoor,

We have a production release by the weekending 9 DEC, 2011. Users are awaiting for this issue getting fixed then. Hence we need an ETA ASAP from your end on when can we expect the fix. Even a work around from your end on this issue would be really appreciable.

It would be helpful if you can expedite the response from your development team since our wait has been for more than 2 weeks.

Thanks,
Mahalakshmi.M

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I have received response from our development team and like to share
with you that this issue has been scheduled for detail investigation for
51st week of this year.

We really appreciate your patience.

Hi Manzoor,

Can you update us on this issue? We would need an ETA for a fix and also a possible work around from your end to overcome this issue.

Regards

Mahalakshmi

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I have requested our development team for the status of the issue. The issue has been assigned to concerned developer and is so far unresolved. I will share the further response with you as soon as it is available.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Fayyaz,

Do you have updates on this? Any possible ETA from your end?

Regards

Mahalakshmi

Hi
Mahalakshmi,

I have received response from our development team and like to share that we are working over this issue and fix for this will be available hopefully in Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.9.0, which is scheduled for delivery on January, 23, 2012.

Many Thanks,

Hi Fayaaz,

Is this issue resolved? If so, where can we download the latest DLL?

Thanks,

Mahalakshmi M

Hi Mahalakshmi,

Please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 5.9.0, which is available for download from here. Please share, if there is still an issue.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for the resolution and with the new DLL we have been able to successfully clone the slide.

While checking with the new DLL (Aspose Slides 5.9.0), the cloned PPT has some background text along with the original content. Please find the attached "Cloned_New_Dll.PPT" for your reference. We have a valid license for Aspose slides. Kindly provide the solution to overcome this issue.

The property "FontIndex" is support by the OLD DLL, but the new DLL is signifying us to change it to "FontId". Kindly let us know the changes made to the new DLL such as any classes or properties renamed, or any behaviour difference with old dll.

Thanks,

Mahalakshmi M.

Hi Mahalakshmi,

I have worked with the source presentation and code shared by you in your very first post of this thread and have been able to successfully clone the slide. Kindly, share the sample source presentation along with generate presentation by highlighting the issue incurred. Secondly, the product release has been done just week back and even in old dll, for many properties that are going to be replaced in future, the tool tip message has been shared that this particular property will be changed/replaced by Y property by X month. Secondly, help file may also contain these new properties as well and so is the online documentation.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

As mentioned in your reply, I am attaching the "Source.ppt" and generated "Clone.ppt". In the cloned slide, the message "Evaluation only. Created with Aspose.Slides for .NET 3.5 5.9.0.0. Copyright 2004 - 2012 Aspose Pty, Ltd." is displaying along with the content in Source.ppt. This is not suppose to display in the cloned slide. Kindly provide the resolution to overcome this issue.

Thanks,

Mahalakshmi M

Hi
Mahalakshmi,

The watermark is coming because you might not be setting Aspose.Slides license in your application. Please visit this link to see how to set the Aspose.Slides license. If you are already setting the license and still getting watermark then your subscription may be expired. In that case, please share the license file with me for necessary verification. Please follow these guidelines for sending license to us. Please notify us here once you have shared the license.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

While doing cloneslide with new DLL, we are getting the error message “The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 06 Jan 2011, but this version of the product was released on 23 Jan 2012. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.” But changing date in the license file results us the watermark in the cloned slide.

Thanks,
Mahalakshmi M

Hi Mahalakshmi,

As I shared with you in my last post here that your subscription may be expired if you are using license in your application. You need to renew your subscription. Please visit this link for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,