Issue in HTML Conversion from PPTX

HI Team,

I am converting PPTX to PDF and PDF to HTML as per my requirement.

I have tried with dotnet console application project and I am getting perfect Conversation. When same Code I am using in Azure Web Service Project, I am not getting perfect conversation and HTML(images in HTML) is distorted.

I am sending the sample file converted from Azure webservice.
Demo.zip (7.9 MB)

Here is Code …
This Code gives perfect conversion of HTML in Console Application but not in web service.

Aspose.Slides.Presentation slide = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(Root + "//Demo.pptx");
            Console.WriteLine("PPT Found");

slide.Save(Root + "//Demo.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf);
            Console.WriteLine("PDF Created");
            Aspose.Pdf.Document pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Document(Root + "//demo.pdf");
            Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions options2 = new Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions();
            options2.PartsEmbeddingMode = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.PartsEmbeddingModes.EmbedAllIntoHtml;
            options2.RasterImagesSavingMode = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.RasterImagesSavingModes.AsEmbeddedPartsOfPngPageBackground;
options2.LettersPositioningMethod = 
 Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.LettersPositioningMethods.UseEmUnitsAndCompensationOfRoundingErrorsInCss;

pdf.Save(Root + "//Demo.html", options2);
            Console.WriteLine("HTML Created");

@kotharib2

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share a sample Azure Web Service application which reproduces this issue so that we may investigate further to help you out. Before sharing requested data, please ensure using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.8 in your environment.

Hi @Farhan.Raza

Thanks for your reply.

Please find code attached…

Version is taken care.

sorry Farhan I am not allowed to send code…I will send you text file…

and version I am using is 18.8.

demo.zip (788 Bytes)

@kotharib2

Thank you for sharing requested data.

We have logged an investigation ticket with ID PDFNET-45330 in our issue management system. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will be notified as soon as some significant update is available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

HI Farhan,
I would like to know is this problem from Aspose.PDF or the thing I am trying to do is not possible?

I know the ticket is raised from your side but it would take years to get resolved.

So, is there any other approach you can suggest me.

Requirements are as follow:-

1. Need to convert PPT to HTML.
  2. Made some required changes with HTML which wont affect styling and basic structure of PPT.
  3. Reconvert PPT back from that HTML.

As reconversion to PPT from html is not possible, So we came out with other option is :-

1. Convert PPT to PDF and from PDF to HTML.
  2. Make changes in HTML.
  3. Reconvert HTML back to PDF and from PDF again Reconvert it into PPT.

Can you suggest any way to fulfill this??

Thankyou @Farhan.Raza

@kotharib2

You can Convert a Presentation to HTML with Aspose.Slides for .NET API and then make changes to generated HTML file as per your requirements. This way you can workaround the problem which has been reported for PDF to HTML conversion.

Moreover, please remove following line from your code snippet and then share your kind feedback with us.

options2.RasterImagesSavingMode = Aspose.Pdf.HtmlSaveOptions.RasterImagesSavingModes.AsEmbeddedPartsOfPngPageBackground;

We hope this would enhance the quality of images in output file.

Hi @Farhan.Raza

Yeah, I can convert to HTML from PPT and makes changes to HTML.

But I require PPT back also.
So, How would I get PPT back from HTML??

If I convert PPT to PDF and from PDF to HTML.
I can again convert HTML to PDF and PDF to PPT

Hi @Farhan.Raza

There’s a very good news after updating Aspose.PDF from 18.8 to 18.9, Muy issue got resolved.
Now I am getting perfecti conversion of PPT to PDF to HTML
Thanks alot for your guidance. :slight_smile:

@kotharib2

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are glad to know that things have started working in your environment. Please keep using our API and in event of any further query, feel free to ask.