Issue in Textbox with Shrink Text on overflow using Aspose.Slides for Java

Hi
I have used textboxes in a lot of places somewith Normal Autofit and other with Shape, everything works fine except one place which is inconsitent.
I have a header with font size 44px and Shrink-on-overflow. While it works most times, sometimes the text just goes to the next line. Do note that the same text doesn’t always go to next line.
It appears when there is just one words that overflows it appears as an issue, when there are many words it works just fine
Attaching screenshots:
Working Scenario:
Screenshot 2018-03-22 11.01.54.png (25.9 KB)

Issue Scenario:
Screenshot 2018-03-22 10.28.24.png (5.2 KB)

My code:
textFrame.getTextFrameFormat().setAutofitType(TextAutofitType.Normal);
textPortion.getPortionFormat().setFontHeight(FONT_HEIGHT);
textPortion.setText(“SOME TEXT”);

@wishy.em,

I have observed the issue shared by your and have not been able to completely understand the issue. I suggest you to please share the working sample project along with source and generated presentation. Please also share the desired output presentation as well for reference. I will investigate the issue further on my end to help you out.

Here is the code:
Presentation presentation = new Presentation();
ISlide someSlide = presentation.getSlides().get_Item(0);
IAutoShape rect = someSlide.getShapes().addAutoShape(ShapeType.Rectangle, 50, 50, 648, 44);
rect.getFillFormat().setFillType(FillType.NoFill);
ITextFrame textFrame = rect.addTextFrame(“”);
textFrame.getTextFrameFormat().setAutofitType(TextAutofitType.Normal);
IParagraphCollection para = textFrame.getParagraphs();
para.get_Item(0).getParagraphFormat().setAlignment(TextAlignment.Left);
IPortion textPortion = new Portion();
para.get_Item(0).getPortions().add(textPortion);
textPortion.getPortionFormat().setFontHeight(44);
textPortion.getPortionFormat().setLatinFont(new FontData(“Georgia”));
textPortion.getPortionFormat().getFillFormat().setFillType(FillType.Solid);
textPortion.getPortionFormat().getFillFormat().getSolidFillColor().setColor(Color.BLACK);
textPortion.setText("Tell us why you like or dislike your computer… ");

presentation.save("/YourPath/OverlapText.pptx", SaveFormat.Pptx);

Here are two scenarios:

1. Text to use: “Tell us why you like or dislike your computer…”
    What happens: Text overflows instead of shrinking-to-autofit.
    Screenshot 2018-03-29 14.15.44.png (14.8 KB)
    However, if i try to do some activity on the slide, the text resets. I have a video to show but i am not able to upload.
    After you create the above slide, try to insert a textbox anywhere in the slide and you will see that the text “Tell us why you like or dislike your computer…” will reset into a single line and will not overflow.
    Video here: TextResetsOnActivity on Vimeo

2. Second scenario:
    Text to use: “Magnet Index 6 - Professional Development”
    What happens: Opposite to point 1. The text is neatly shrunk-on-autofit, if you try to insert a textbox anywhere in the slide, the text “Magnet Index 6 - Professional Development” will overflow. I again have another video to share but cannot upload
    Video here: TextOverflowsOnActivity on Vimeo

@wishy.em,

I have observed the information shared by you. I request you to please provide the presentation files generated at each step of your scenarios for investigation on our end. Secondly, please provide a sample code as per used scenarios on your end so that we may reproduce the issue to help you further.

The sample code is as pasted above, with the only difference being instead of just “new Presentation()” we have more code to add licensing.
Regarding the sample presentation please find it attached.
AsposeChangesOnActivity.zip (42.4 KB)

@wishy.em,

I have worked with the issue shared by you and have been able observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-36982 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Thank you, Appreciate it.

Is there any update on this?

@wishy.em,

I have observed your comments. I regret to inform that issue is still unresolved. I like to inform that issue has been added recently in our issue tracking system and waiting for detailed investigation. We will share good news with you soon.

Sounds good. Thank you

@Adnan.Ahmad
Hi
This issue is something that is affecting our clients. Can you kindly provide an ETA for this which helps us to have a planned and informed updates for our clients as against an infinite wait time

Thank you for your time

@wishy.em,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and have verified the issues status. The issues shared have been added recently and are awaiting investigation in waiting queue. Actually, as per Aspose policy first of all issues added in Aspose.Enterprise and Aspose.Priority forums are addressed and resolved. Then issues added in normal support forum are selected for investigation on first come and first serve basis. On the basis of complexity of the issue that is determined after investigation, the issues are scheduled for resolution. We will share the feedback with you regarding ETA as soon as possible.

Thank you. Doesn’t purchase of Aspose package entitle it to Enterprise support??

@wishy.em,

I like to share that buying API does make you entitle for free support but in order to avail Priority or Enterprise support, you need to purchase subscription. Please visit this link for your convenience.

Hi
Has there been any update on this? Since it’s been more than 50 days and this product is already released to clients, we are concerned about getting this fixed.

Thanks
Vish

@wishy.em,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed and request for your patience.

Thank you. Appreciate it

Hi @mudassir.fayyaz any update on this? Since It’s been close to 3 months, we are slightly apprehensive about this.

@wishy.em,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in issue of Aspose.Slides for .NET. So, it is going to get resolved in that issue first and then in this issue. I request for your patience and we will share good news with you soon.

@Adnan.Ahmad Any update on this? Or do you have an ETA?