I've downloaded a demo of Aspose.Word for SSRS -- it seems like exactly what I need for rendering to TXT and HTML so my Blackberry users can read their reports. My AMEX card is sitting on the table next to me, eagerly waiting to spring into action for an online order of this product. This issue is the only thing standing in the way of my card's gratification. Please help.
The product installs perfectly on my desktop (Windows XP SP2, SQL 2k8 Enterprise) and renders beautifully on a variety of reports.
When I install on my Windows 2k8 R2 (64-bit, obviously) w/ SQL 2k8 Enterprise, things don't go so smoothly.
The error I get during installation is: "Could not properly install or configure Aspose.Words for Reporting Services on this machine. Please try installing Aspose.Words for Reporting Services manually as described in the documentation".
So ... I listened, and tried a manual installation. Given that I didn't have the constituents of the .MSI, I pulled the DLLs off of my PC (which has a good installation). I updated both the RSReportServer.config and RSSrvPolicy.config files by hand and bounced the server just to be sure it all took. The renderers show up in SSRS, and work on occassion, but when I have any report with hierarchical tables (seems to be the common theme), I get this rendering error:
An error occurred while exporting the report.
error message Could not find any recognizable digits.
stack trace " at System.ParseNumbers.StringToInt(String s, Int32 radix, Int32 flags, Int32* currPos)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value, Int32 fromBase)
at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Utils.xc5e7b7dc64f3f7a6.x00872a2743ed58d0(String xf50d6d3c10c0eac9)
at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.ReportItem.x4baaeff2346b420f.x6afdbeb67b972fb3(ReportItem xccb63ca5f63dc470, Int32 x72d92bd1aff02e37, Int32 xe360b1885d8d4a41)
at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.ReportItem.x4baaeff2346b420f.x2c44f534085b543c(TablixMember x25f90284444cb6d5, x693f8d3047025a5e xa806b754814b9ae0, Int32 xa447fc54e41dfe06, Int32 xc941868c59399d3e, Boolean& x8fc2d66566293701)
at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.ReportItem.x4baaeff2346b420f.xacf56269b403df30(x693f8d3047025a5e xa806b754814b9ae0, Int32 xa447fc54e41dfe06, Int32 xc941868c59399d3e)
This file is created with Aspose.Cells for evaluation only with an Evaluation License.
It is strictly prohibited from using it in the production of any software.
Any violation of this provision shall require a mandatory purchase of pay license
as well as expose the user to other legal recourse for collection and punitive damages.
Copyright 2003 - 2010 Aspose Pty Ltd.
I can provide more log info (System Event, SSRS logs, ...) but wanted to understand if this should work on my configuration before I bang my head any further.