Issue setting properties of grouped shape

I’ve discovered an issue when attempting to change properties of grouped shapes. I’ve created and attached an example file that contains two examples of the same grouping of shapes. We’ve used this setup in existing Visio files quite extensively.

My example contains a grouped shaped that is effectively a single large rectangle that contains smaller rectangles. All of these shapes are grouped. When I attempt to loop through a Visio document containing these grouped shapes and perform such actions as set fill color, adjust border thickness and color or set a fill pattern, I am only able to get this to work by checking to see if the shape is a grouped shape and if so, looping through all the shapes contained within the grouped shape and setting these properties. If I don’t do this, the outcome is that nothing changes.

Would it be an option to provide an update to your code that if I set these properties on a grouped shape that the affect is applied to all contained shapes? Or would this negatively impact the flexibility?

When I set these properties on a grouped shape in Visio directly, it applies the affect to all contained shapes.

I’ve attached example files that show what I’m doing along with an output PDF from your tool.

Hi Michael,

Thank you posting this enhancement request. We could notice this scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 5.3.0. We have logged this enhancement under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50496 in our issue tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this issue id. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.