We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Issue upgrading from version 1.3.1 to 1.7.0

Hi,

our company is currently evaluating the possible renewal of our aspose.jasperReports license in order to upgrade to latest version, since it seems that it has solved a number of issues we reported.

I’m doing some test to see if we can upgrade trouble-free, but this seems not the case.

I have tried exporting the report for which we had a problem due to the horizontal layout, for which I have opened this thread.

The problem seems solved as of version 1.7.0, but we have noticed that the report is not rendered in the same way after the upgrade.

I have attached two .zip archive showing a test export done with versione 1.3.1 and version 1.7.0, you’ll notice that in the second export the layout is NOT respected, while it is in the first export.

Do I need to change some settings in order to achieve the same render?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Matteo,


Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share your JRXML file along with XML data source. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

I already attached the .jrxml in the two .zip archives, with the resulting .jrprint, how can I provide the .xml you requested?

Hi Matteo,


Thanks for the sharing the details. I have tested the scenario and have found the page orientation issue while exporting the both .jrprint files to Doc file format. Please see the attached output Doc file, both pages have orientation as landscape.

I have logged this issue as WORDSJSP-105 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The shared output Doc file (test_v170.doc) is different from attached output file generated at my end. It would be great if you please share your Jasper Report version along with sample code snippet. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

I am using jasperreports-4.5.1 at my end.

Same exact jasper reports version on our machines.

You said you attached some files, but I cannot see them on your reply, did I understand wrong or how can I see them?

Hi Matteo,


Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience. I have attached the output Doc file with this post. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Ok, now I can see your attachment, and I must say that only the second part should be horizontal and the first vertical.

I’ll keep this issue monitored to see if/when it gets resolved.

Thanks.

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your feedback. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

Is there any news about when this issue will be solved?


Thanks.
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of your issue (WORDSJSP-105) from our issue tracking system. Your issue is under analysis phase. I have requested the development team to share the ETA. As soon as any information is shared by them, I will be more than happy to share that with you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

I have just done another test using Aspose.Words for JasperReports version 1.8.0, which I am attaching.


As you can see, there is still a problem, in fact the text in bold is not completely visible inside the cells.

This problem was not present in old version 1.3.1 and seems to be related to the setting which allows JasperReport’s textareas to automatically expand when the content does not fit.
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSJSP-114 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.We apologize for your inconvenience.
mtassinari:
This problem was not present in old version 1.3.1 and seems to be related to the setting which allows JasperReport's textareas to automatically expand when the content does not fit.
Could you please share the Jasper Report version with which you have tested this issue?

tahir.manzoor:

Could you please share the Jasper Report version with which you have tested this issue?

We are currently using the latest JasperReport version 5.1

I would like to bring to your attention this issue, hoping you’ll be able to help us solve it.


I’ve just recieved words from our top management that, as of the 3rd of June, we would be able to proceed with the following
- renewal of our Aspose.Words for Java developer OEM license
- renewal of our Aspose.Words for JasperReports developer OEM license
- purchase of Aspose.Pdf for Java developer OEM license

However, this bug breaks about 75~80% of the reports generated by our web application, so I am sure you can understand this is a blocker for us.

Because of this, I am hereby asking you for a certain date for this bug resolution and, if it is within a reasonable amount of time, from a couple of weeks to at most one month, we’ll then be able to proceed with the purchase, otherwise we’ll have to abort the whole operation.

Please, let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Hi Matteo,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is nice to hear from you that you will renew Aspose.Words in June. I would like to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first come first serve basis. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. I am afraid, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. Once your issue is analyzed, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.