Issue when grouping pivot table by date and saving as PDF

Hi,
I am having an issue with Aspose Cells version 18.6.0 (Latest version 19.8 has the same issue).
I have this pivot table that groups by date column (per Month), the months I have are August and September but my PDF shows the incorrect months, PDF shows April and Jun and rows are not in the correct order either, no idea why it displays April and Jun, my data source does not have those months.

Please see the attached project with a sample app in order to duplicate issue.
Follow these easy steps:

1. Unzip and run the attached project.
  2. Notice I included a sample excel file that was also generated by AsposeCells at some point in my application. The name of the sample file I attach in the same zip file is “SampleFile.xlsx”
  3. From the app, select this excel file, it gets converted to PDF, open the excel file and compare it with the generated PDF, they do not match at all. I call a bunch of “refresh” methods (you can see in the code) but the issue still there, generated pdf is different from the original excel file.

Is there a workaround for this issue? or am I missing something?
Sample Project.zip (322.0 KB)

Thanks!

@sumiflow,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46882 - Issue when grouping pivot table by date and saving as PDF

Got it! I will keep an eye on this issue.
Thank you so much for the prompt response.

@sumiflow,

The file named “SampleFile.xlsx” doesn’t contain the data in the worksheet named “Heavy Load Data”. In order to solve the issue we need it. Could you also provide the sample file with data to evaluate/figure out the issue soon?

HiAmjad_Sahi,
Attached is the requested file (zipped), I only populate the columns I am using in the pivot table, other columns are empty because its data is not relevant to the issue.

Let me know if you need something else.

Thank you so much!SampleFile.zip (18.7 KB)

@sumiflow,
Thank you for the sample file. We will share our feedback after the detailed analysis as soon as possible.

@sumiflow,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46882”) now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@sumiflow,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.9.1 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.9.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.9.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

@Amjad_Sahi,
I can confirm that my issue has been fixed with the provided version of the DLL.
My subscription expired like a year ago, does it mean I have to renew and pay? I see a message at the top of the PDF that says I have an Evaluation Copy.

Thanks!

@sumiflow,
Yes, you are right. If you want to use this fixed version without evaluation limits and evaluation copy mark, you have to renew the subscription by buying new license.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46882) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.10. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi

1 Like