Issue while merging the .pptx files with .ppt files

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Slides for .Net for the purpose of merging the individual PPTs in .Net 2.0 framework( on Windows Server 2003 Platform).

We are getting the following error while trying to merge a .pptx file with the .ppt files which have been generated using the Report Server of SQL Server 2005(using Aspose.Slides.ReportingServices.dll).

"Invalid header signature;read 1688935826934608, expected 16220472316735377360".

Please provide a solution for this issue.

And also, Please let us know if there is any patch or any new version to support Office 2007 better.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi,

Can you please update us on this as soon as possible.

Please let us know if there is any higher version which will support Office 2007 better and supports merging of .pptx files with .ppt files.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

What do you exactly require in this case? Do you want to merge PPTX slides with PPT slides and hence create a new PPTX file?

Hi Sabir,

.pptx files should be merged with .ppt files and final merged output foramt should be in PPT format.

Thank you for reply

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

This is only possible if PPTX and PPT files to be merged are compatible. In Aspose.Slides for .NET, PPT and PPTX files are handled through different APIs. PPT to PPTX or PPTX to PPT conversion is not implemented yet. An issue with issue id 13419 has been created to incorporate the feature. This thread has been associated with this issue so that you can get an automated notification as soon as it is implemented.

As a workaround, you can extract the contents of PPTX files using Aspose.Slides.Pptx APIs and write these contents to the output PPT using classes available in Aspose.Slides namespace.

Hi,

Please provide some sample code for extracting the content of PPTX file into the Aspose.Slides.Presentation object using the Aspose.Slides.Pptx API.

We need this for merging the PPT files with PPTX files.

Please reply as soon as posssible.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi,

Please get back to me with the sample code ASAP.

Thanks,

Sridevi

Hi Sridevi,

We are extremely sorry for the delayed response.

I have discussed the possibility of the way out in detail with Aspose.Slides development team. I regret to inform you that the possibility of converting PPTX to PPT is currently not possible. However, our development team is working on this issue and we expect to include this feature in after summer product release. As stated earlier, the requested feature is already added in our Issue Tracking System as ID 13419. You will be automatically informed, once issue is resolved.

We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Please let me know if there are any further updates on this issue.

Thanks,

Sridevi Pedapudi

Hi Sridevi,

We regret to inform you that your requested feature was not made possible in the latest release of Aspose.Slides for .NET. As I mentioned in my previous post that the feature may possibly be provided in the next release of Aspose.Slides for .NET, which is due in summer.

We are sorry for your nuisance,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13419) have been partially fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)